Hello!! Today I thought it would be a good idea to do the summer TAG, since we are in the middle of the summer season now. Are you a summer person? – I do believe… More
Today I want to share with you some of my photos from my trip to Vienna. Honestly I have tried to cut down the photos but there are just so many I want to share with you all. Luckily though I did manage to not include them all! I had the most amazing time sightseeing and exploring the city. We went to so many palaces, parliament, cathedrals, museums and even visited the film festival too. Vienna really was so beautiful and the buildings are honestly so stunning and massive. Most of the time you couldn’t even get the whole building in the photo! The city centre was stunning and of course we had to stop to do some shopping. We visited lots of local cafes and restaurants and some of the best cake and ice cream ever. It tasted SOOOOOO GOOD!! We actually stayed in a small apartment on the Danube Canal and it was so pretty and quaint. It really wasn’t that far from the centre but was so much cheaper than staying in the centre and was so worth it. Unfortunately, as you will know if you follow me on instagram, I did get food poisoning whilst I was there which was awful but I still had a fabulous trip! Vienna is seriously one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited and I enjoyed all of it and have some of the most amazing memories to look back on!!
Keep up-to-date with my by social media 🙂
Today I am going to b sharing my first year uni experience and some important things I learnt along the way. I hope you enjoy and this helps you out if you are just starting university this year. Also, let me know if you can relate to any in the comments!
- You are responsible for your university experience. Everyone’s experience will be different and unique but for you to get the most out of the experiences, it is up to you to put the effort in, be sociable, attend classes and do you assignments. You are the only one who can determine how happy you will be and it will be your choices which will shape your experience. The lessons you learn at uni are so important for your own personal development and your future and really do extend beyond the lecture halls and your seminars. University gives you so many important life skills as well as a degree.
- These next two are unique to me I am pretty sure but the first one is I have found out that I cannot use a tin opener at all. I must have broke at least 3 this year and so eventually I had to resort to buying pull cans. I don’t know, tin openers just never worked for me.
- I have also discovered that I am the worst at opening jars. I cannot open jars at all. Uni and opening jars usually consisted of me messaging of my flatmates, ringing my friend from another block or ringing my boyfriend to come around and open my jar for me.
- Time management is essential. I am usually pretty good with this but uni was a whole new world and an experience I had never had and so it made things challenging. I was definitely not the worst at this (many of my friends started the night before and was working frantically on plenty of coffee until the deadline), however I was not the best either. I mean my assignments were always submitted the day before but I was always guilty of having 6 weeks to due an assignment and leaving it until a week before to start it. I do not recommend. Also, start your revision for your exams in plenty of time to avoid stress!
- Explore! You’re free and independent. Make the most of it. Don’t confine yourself to your room and the uni. Explore the city, local towns and villages, hop on the train and go places near by. Go to museums, galleries or exhibitions. Make a real effort to go out and see different things, eat at different places and try new things.
- Take yourself out of your comfort zone. Uni is terrifying and it is a whole new start and you will be scared and shy but take that step and be confident approach people. Everyone is in the same boat as yourself and people want to make friends and so they aren’t not going to want to talk to you if you speak to them.
- A lock on your cupboard is a good idea!
- Work hard but play hard. Enjoy yourself. You’re young and you only live once so make the most of it!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post. I thoroughly enjoyed first year and I cannot wait to see what the future holds and what next year brings. I have met the most amazing people and I am so thankful for all of them.
Also I have just hit over 500 followers on my Twitter and so close on my Instagram. So if you don’t follow those I would be so grateful if you could show me some love and follow back and say hi! They will be linked below. I love you so all so much! Much love,
Today I am answering some of the most frequently asked questions that I recieve. I hope this answers a few things and you enjoy! I always find these posts super fun!
- Do you ever want to get married? – As a little girl, for sure. I definitely wanted to and even now I know that eventually I want to get married I am just far more sceptical and cynical. As you grow up you realise that things are not like the movies and there are lots of crazy situations that happen in life. I do want to but I know it’s huge commitment and I would be so scared of things going wrong, but yes one day I would love to get married.
- What is your top/dress size? – I am a UK size 10 in pretty much everything, occasionally an 8 in tops.
- Do you have any diet plans/tips? – If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that I have struggled with my weight my entire life and now I don’t like to think of eating healthy as dieting and I know I won’t diet again because it just doesn’t work for me and it messed up a lot of things. So, for me, the best advice I can give is to eat everything in moderation; eat the correct size portions, make sure you are eating healthy and balanced diet making sure you are getting all your nutrients etc and that you are exercising and listening to do your body. Also, don’t forget to drink plenty of water!!!
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? – I really don’t get that much spare time when at university and working but now summer is here I am looking forward to consistently blogging, reading, exercising, travelling and spending time with my favourite people.
- What do you value the most in life? – I value people who love me and respect me and are honest with me. People who bring out the best in me and really want to enjoy life and be positive Oh and of course someone who can make me laugh and smile.
- What do you do? – At the moment, I am a full-time student studying History at the university of Leicester and I am also a part time athlete at Nike.
- What is my dream job? – My dream job would be an entrepreneur and have my own business or to be a successful author… one of those. Both would be ideal!
- What are some of your top tips for being a teenager? – Just know that your teenage years don’t last forever so don’t worry and stress out and enjoy them. School doesn’t last forever. Don’t get caught up in trying to be popular it isn’t worth. I know how hard it is these days with social medias and getting likes and followers etc but trust me those people who are popular in school and you think you want to be like you really don’t. My boyfriend and I were chatting about this the other day and we were saying how irrelevant your popularity in school is as soon as you leave school. The girls who use to get all the attention from the lads and were getting hundreds of likes on their profile photos and Instagram photos, maybe be get like 10 these days. Honestly popularity doesn’t last forever and people move on from school and things change and you meet new people so don’t stress about it. Funny story here… I was in this tutor group with this guy for 5 years he even asked me out, which I politely declined, anyway added me back on snapchat the other week for him to send me a snapchat asking who I was. Hello!! I was in your tutor group for 5 years and saw you every day for 5 years. So awkward! Anyway, point to the story I clearly wasn’t popular and apparently not even remembered but I am and have someone who loves me and it just doesn’t’ matter. In fact, people even come to realise how much nicer and more beautiful and attractive you are in your own way.
- Did you know what you wanted to do? – I didn’t know what I wanted to do and I still don’t know what I want to do. Which I guess is one of the reason I wish I had taken a year off and properly considered my options but nevertheless I am still enjoying university.
- What are some of your top tips for friendships and relationships? – Friendships and relationships are a lot of effort but they are the best thing to put time and effort into and invest in. I am one of those of people who cannot be bothered with those people who put minimal effort in their friendships and just don’t take the time to care and love you. I am for sure one of those people who give 100% to everything including friendships and relationships. So, don’t waste your time on toxic friendships and relationships or surround yourself for negativity. Just be yourself, be relaxed and chilled. Let your friends and partner do them and you do you. Don’t try and change anyone of let people change you. You be who you are and the right people will love you for who you are. Also having a select few friends that you can definitely count on his so much better than having a tonne of friends who have sometimes got your back.
- What would you like to say to your 14-year-old self? – DON’T STRESS! Nothing lasts forever so don’t stress and worry about things. It is a waste of time and doesn’t help anything. If it isn’t going to matter in 5 years’ time then don’t stress or worry about it. It just makes you miserable and grumpy and stresses you out for no apparent reason. You start to get so confused and overthink everything and then it just goes downhill from there.
- How did you deal with bullies in school? – I actually have a post all about my bullying experience so check that if you haven’t already because it explains everything but my main piece of advice would be to not give people satisfaction of letting them know they are getting you and annoying/upsetting you. Even though it will hurt and you will be sad for some reason bullies thrive off knowing they have achieved it so don’t give them the satisfaction and turn a blind eye to it as best you can. Some people will do anything to see you fail and fall and bullies love that. The less attention you pay to them the less they become interested in targeting you because they don’t get a reaction from it and so they don’t see the point in it.
- Did you ever find it difficult finding out who you were? – YES! Omg it is so difficult. Especially in school because that is such a confusing time. Even to this day I am trying to figure out who I am because every day we are changing, growing and developing as humans. So, I am still struggling to figure out who I am and it is confusing and difficult. Just let it take its natural course and don’t worry and stress out. Everything will fall into place eventually.
- Why don’t you make YouTube videos? – I do have a channel with some videos up but I don’t think anyone watches them or will watch them or find me interesting.
Today I want to share with you some of current beaut favourites! I am so glad I have discovered all of these products because they make day-to-day life that little bit easier!
- Herbal Essences Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner – I have been loving this shampoo and conditioner! It is so moisturising and nourishing, leaving your hair feel incredibly soft and smooth. I have especially been enjoying this shampoo and conditioner whilst travelling because I was swimming a lot and so my hair was in chlorine a lot and also I have been using heat on my hair in the evenings so I could style my hair ready for going out to dinner and so it has been damaged a lot. Of course the sun dries your hair out as well but this shampoo and conditioner has kept my hair balanced with moisture and it has looked and felt super healthy, soft and shiny. A bonus thing for me because I am blonde is that it has camomile in it which has really helped to lighten my hair without getting highlights.
- Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash – This is just a lovely daily face wash to use on your skin. It isn’t too harsh and is fine on my sensitive skin and has done a great job of keeping my skin clear. Would definitely recommend trying this product out if you haven’t already.
- Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing milk – I know this product is quite expensive but for me it is so worth it! It is such a great cleanser and removes all of your makeup without effort and drying your skin out. It moisturizes your skin at the same time and it is a great product for sensitive skin. It isn’t harsh on the skin at all and leaves your face feeling really fresh and clean. This product is a definite must for me now!!
- NSPA charcoal face mask – Recently I have been really enjoying using a face mask and taking a little more time out to look after myself and just generally been making a real effort at self care and looking after my skin and my body. I love using this as a face mask once a week for a deep cleanse and detox of the whole skin and to thoroughly clean in my pores but I also love using this a spot treatment too on the days where I feel like my skin is suffering or being particularly problematic. It works really well for both and I enjoy using this product and definitely notice a difference once I have used it. Again it is great for sensitive skin.
- Veet Hair removal cream – If you are anything like me you are really lazy when it comes to shaving your legs. I just don’t enjoy it! I am lucky that hairs aren’t thick or dark on my legs and barely even grow there but for summer and holidays shaving your legs is essential for wearing your swimsuits and shorts. I am so glad I have tried this cream it makes life so easy. It really is minimal efforts and your legs feel incredible afterwards. If you are like me, definitely check this product out – it has saved my life haha!
- L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara – This is another product which has saved my life! It honestly makes the biggest difference to my lashes with just a single coat. I don’t even have to curl them. This mascara is INSANE!! I am sure you have heard me rave about this so much already but the volume and length is insane and it makes my lashes look so pretty. I always get so many compliments when I wear this mascara and the waterproof version was heaven whilst I was in Portugal swimming and going to the waterparks. LOVE IT!!!
- EOS lip balm – I can’t go anywhere without a lip balm because my lips for some reason get so dry. I actually don’t know why. This is just my new favourite lip balm and has kept my lips so moisturised and prevented them from cracking even when travelling on a plane which I don’t think has ever happened before. A great product!
- Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser – Again I am so lazy with moisturizing my body which is really bad considering I know I have dry skin and after I have been on holiday, OMG my skin is incredibly dry because of the sun. Anyway I have started making more of effort with looking after my skin and began moisturising and this product is an absolute staple for me. It is incredibly moisturising. My skin is so nice and soft even though I have just been in the sun for ages and I am not peeling which is very rare for me and I am just really happy with this moisturiser. It doesn’t take too long to soak in and doesn’t leave you feeling all sticky either which I hate. Really happy I have found this and it smells incredible!!
Thank you so much for reading!! Let me know if you have tried any of these products and your opinions on them if you have. Also let me know if you have recommendations of products I should try or what your current beauty favourite is. Much love,
Please give me a follow on my social media. I would greatly appreciate it!! X
Today I am going to share with you some of my photos from my recent holiday to Portugal! I had the most amazing time and had some of the best experiences with my favourite person ever and I will now have some of the best memories to look back on in years to come! I actually went to the Algarve which is Portugal’s most southern region. It was so beautiful. We stayed in the Aquashow Park Hotel and paid for bed and breakfast Also included in the price was free, unlimited access to the waterpark which was a 2 minute walk away from where we were staying. It was AMAZING!!
Other than relaxing around the pool and spending days at the waterpark, we visited some local towns Quarteira and Vilamoura, each for a day. Quarteira was a nice typical beach town but I am not someone who likes to spend all day, every day relaxing on the beach so it wasn’t really my thing but nevertheless we still had a fantastic day there.
Vilamoura was so beautiful and pretty OMG!! The town was so cute and quaint with lots of little shops and fancy bars and restaurants to eat at. It also has a beautiful beach but the marina was by far my favourite thing. It was the prettiest thing and I enjoyed walking around the marina, going in the shops, eating lunch and dinner at the fancy restaurants over the marina – it was so perfect!
We also did a couple of excursions too! One trip we went on was an all day cruise to experience the coast. One this trip we also got to see rock formations and go through caves which although scared me (even though I love water and not scared of that but really didn’t want to fall off the side of the small dingy boat and break all my valuables) was one of the best experiences of my life. It was so much fun and so cool to go through the caves. We then got to eat lunch on a private beach with only water access and headed back on the Dolphin route to see some Dolphins. It was an amazing day and I enjoyed it so much!
The other day trip we took was to Silves and Monchique. Silves was the original capital Algarve even though it no longer is and such a beautiful historical city. It was so pretty and nice to walk up and down the cobbled streets and go in the Cathedral and Church. However, let me know you this day the weather was 39 degrees and It was so warm walking around haha! We also got to see a Roman River and then headed to Monchique which is the highest point of the Algarve (900m) and got to do some wine tasting. The views from the top were absolutely incredible and picturesque. Again another incredible day!!
Overall, Portugal exceeded all my expectations and I had the most fantastic time! It was so special and my first holiday abroad without my family. It was a holiday where I got to try things for the first time and a holiday I am for sure never going to forget. I have some of the greatest experiences and have so many amazing memories to look back on. I feel so lucky and blessed to have these opportunities to travel and see the beautiful world we live in and so grateful I get the chance to experience different cultures. Also, a huge thank you to my boyfriend for making the trip so super special and for us been able to share so many great times together. It was incredible and I am so thankful. THANK YOU!!
Portugal you were FAB!!!
Thank you so much and I hope you have enjoyed me sharing my experiences with you. Much love,
It has seriously been the longest time since I have sat down and blogged. I have just been so incredibly busy this past month and unfortunately, I haven’t got around to writing a post. I have missed uploading so much and missed just being able to chat with everyone and share what has been happening. It has felt so strange since I have started documenting you most of my life, experiences and important memories here! So, where have I been?
First, I had my University exams. The final week before my exams I just wanted to take a break from my blog and social media and full focus on my revision and exams. I just wanted to concentrate on my exams. I even booked time off work to do my exams. After my exams finished it has been so full on, which is funny really because I was now finished with my first year of Uni and didn’t have to revise. However, I was working a tonne over the next few days after finishing my exams and then my life got taken over my moving. I had finished first year now and I needed to move out of my accommodation and go back home and it was so stressful and I had so much to pack up, especially since I was self-catered the first year. I actually didn’t realise just how much I had taken with me and how much I needed to pack up and move. Sorting out my entire room, cleaning it, taking down all my posters and photos and moving everything really did take up so much time! Also, after my exams and then working a lot of hours at work and then packing up I just felt like I wanted to take a step back and relax and actually have some time to myself so I did.
So, I moved on from Uni on the Wednesday 7th June and on the Saturday (very early in the morning), I was heading to Portugal for a week. I had so much to unpack and then I had to pack my suitcase and get travel money and sort out documents and my car ready for the journey to the airport – I really just didn’t have a minute. Also, the Thursday was the General election so I voted in that and then wanted to spend most of my time keeping up-to-date with the election because politics are important to me. After all that, Saturday came and I headed off to Portugal and I really wanted to make the most of my time in Portugal and spend quality time with my boyfriend and just enjoy living in the moment and enjoying the experiences I was having and creating amazing memories.
That’s how crazy everything has been recently. I got back from Portugal early this morning and been to work today so I am looking forward to relaxing, writing more blog posts and catching up with everything. I have so many episodes of Love Island to catch up on – let me know if you are watching it and what couples you think are a match! I am excited to just get back to a little bit of normality. I had the best time away with Portugal and I cannot wait to share my experiences with you. If you head on over to my Instagram then you can see a sneak peak of my holiday and the activities I got up to.
Thank you so much for you continued support and I hope this has explained a few things and I hope to get back to regularly posting. Again, thank you so much and I will see you soon. Much love,
Welcome back. Today I am going to share with you my top 5 favourite drugstore products at the moment. I have been using these products daily and I just get on with them so much and really enjoy using the products and I do love them all very much. I would recommend all 5 of these for purchase and of course they are all so inexpensive as well which is always a bonus! Before I get on into the post I would just like to say a huge thank you for all your love and support on the post where I shared my bullying story. I cannot thank you all enough. I was so scared to upload that but you have all been so super lovely and supportive and I am so grateful. If you haven’t read that and you want to, you can here. Secondly I have just hit over a 100 followers on my twitter so that is great and I almost at 400 on my instagram. If you could give me a follow on both of those again that would be great and I would really appreciate it. I am on both those every single day and I love speaking to you all and making new friends, so I will leave the link to those at the bottom. Thank you for all your support. I do really appreciate it!!
- Mega Volume Miss Hippie mascara – If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know I am a huge fan of L’Oréal Mascaras. I think they are incredible. They are such good quality but definitely are at a more affordable price compared to the high-end ones. I really enjoy using these on a daily basis and get alone with them so well. At the moment, the Mega Volume Miss Hippie mascara is my favourite. OMG! It’s insane. I actually only purchased this last week ready for my formal dinner and I was so impressed. It provides an insane amount of volume without clumping. Your lashes definitely look so long, really volumized and are spread out so evenly. I really cannot fault this mascara and it is only £7.99!
- The Collection Lasting perfection concealer – Again this is an old favourite of mine. I have loved this concealer for a while and still love using it now. I will use s shade to match my face for any blemishes and then a lighter shade to hide my dark circles and highlight under my eyes. This concealer lasts and wears so well. It doesn’t crease under the eyes and provides a really good high coverage. I would definitely recommend trying these out. I believe they are £4.19 so really affordable.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Another classic which I am sure you have heard people rave about. It is such a good powder. It really does set your makeup and prevent you from going oily throughout the day. It is very comparable to high-end powders but a fraction of the price. I would say it is a definite for if you are a beginner with makeup.
- The Collection Velvet Kiss matte liquid lipstick – I have just been thoroughly enjoying this product for the past couple of months and been using it pretty much every single day. The colour I have (02 Caramel) is such an easy colour to wear and finishes any look off and they do last so long for the £2.99. You can’t go wrong. They are really drying even though they are matte and the application is super easy. Again, these are something that I would definitely recommend trying.
- Burts Bee Lip balm – This is a holy grail product for me. I love Burts Bees product. They are so good. I get on with them so well and I love how moisturising they are and they smell amazing too. Always a bonus! Seriously though, I love these lip balms. Between these and the EOS lip balms they are the only ones I wear because they are just so good. LOVE them!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this and found the recommendations somewhat useful. Let me know if you would like to see a high-end version of this or a drugstore makeup look, festival makeup look or my summer makeup. I have all these ideas planned but would love to know what you would all like to see! Please let me know in the comments. Also, if you have any good drugstore makeup recommendations then let me know because I am doing a Boots order so soon! I will see you all very soon. Much love,
P.S. I am sure most of my current favourites are not of a surprise to most of you haha!!