Happy New Year! Welcome, back to the first post of 2018! I cannot believe that we are already in 2018 and that we are already in February. I don’t know where the time is going. I know I am kickstarting my blog late this year because these past couple of months have just been so busy that I just really wanted to take to some off and then start writing when I had time, so I could produce some good quality blog posts which I was happy with. Simply, over Christmas I was working so much overtime at my job and I had two very long assignments to write and submit for uni so that pretty much consumed all my Christmas. Then I went on a super fun trip to Berlin (the blog post will be coming soon) and then it was just so busy moving back into uni and starting the semester. Since starting uni, I have been inundated with work, reading and I have also had to pick my dissertation topic which is so stressful and scary because I am committed to that project for a year and a half now! Anyway, I am back now, and I am so excited to see what the future holds for my blog.
Although, I know that this is quite late in the year, for the first post of 2018 I still wanted to a 2017 rewind and look back at all amazing memories from last year. For me, 2017 was a fab year full of so many new experiences and exciting moments and I am honestly so thankful and feel so lucky that I got the opportunities I did last year. Obviously, there are so many amazing moments, but I think I am going to talk about my top 10 highlights.
- Family holiday to Florida – If you have followed me for some time, you will know that I love Florida and my family always take a vacation there every year which is so amazing, and I am so grateful for. This trip was extra special because it was my 19th birthday whilst we were on holiday and my brother’s 24th I had a great time and saw some amazing new experiences.
- Spending my birthday at Universal Studios – This was part of my holiday in Florida, but it was such a special day that I wanted to have it as a separate point because honestly, I just feel so lucky to have had to chance to spend my birthday at Universal Studios. It was such a great experience and one which I will always remember. I feel so incredibly lucky to have experienced my birthday in such a wonderful place.
- Spontaneous trip to London – Since I went on holiday to London in 2016, this city has earned a special place in my heart and I absolutely love it. I had never properly been to London before summer 2016 but I loved that much, that during in 2017 I actually visited quite a few times. My favourite time was a day trip with my boyfriend because it was so spontaneous and so much fun.
- Paradise in Portugal – This was a super for trip which I went on with my boyfriend in June. I had never been to Portugal at and so this was a super fun trip, which was filled with so many great adventures and new experiences.
- Visiting Vienna – As you can tell, I did a fair bit of travelling in 2017 and Vienna was by far one of my favourite places I visited. If you haven’t been, you should definitely visit because it is such a beautiful city, with amazing architecture. It was such a lovely girl’s trip and again had an amazing time.
- Day trip to Dublin – I had been wanting to go to Dublin for the longest time, so when I go to go on day trip to Dublin with my boyfriend in September, I was so excited. I had the most amazing day and went on some amazing tours of the city and this was definitely a highlight of 2017 for me.
- First Blogging Event – Finally one which is not travel related haha! This for me was such a special moment for me. Attending this event was one of my proudest moments of 2017. I work so hard on my blog and producing content that not only I love, but hopefully others to do and so it was nice to see that work appreciated and be invited to the opening of a store. It was so amazing, and I felt incredibly lucky to go.
- Three Year Anniversary – This was a very special evening for me and another great moment of 2017. If you have read this blog for a long time, you will know that this is my first serious relationship and so every anniversary is special for me. Anniversaries are so important to me and it is such a lovely day to spend which each other and celebrate the year together. I had a lovely dinner that evening and really enjoyed the night.
- Scouting For Girls Concert – I have wanted to see Scouting For Girls in concert for so long. They are one of my favourite bands and I love them so much. Also, one of my goals in 2017 was to finally step out of my comfort zone and go to a concert. I not only got to see one of my favourite bands live but I also achieved a huge goal that I had set myself during the year. I honestly had the most amazing time and was so happy.
- Summer Day trips – Summer in general was one of my favourite season last year. I love the summer months and aside from the travelling, I had so much fun going on day-trips, going on nice country walks, visiting historical sites and making the most of the weather. It was so much fun and definitely one of the best summers I have experienced.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post. I always love looking back over the year and seeing what amazing things I got to do and see. As always, I feel incredibly grateful and I know that I was so lucky to have got to experience everything that I did. Also, I will link all of the individual posts talking about each experience, so you can see in more detail what I got up to. Leave me a comment letting me know what your 2017 highlights were, and I will see you all in the next post. Much love,
P.S. Since I last blogged, I have mit to major milestones over on my Twitter and Instagram which I am so proud of. Obviously, numbers don’t mean everything but I just really appreciate all your support and love on all my of my social media. It means so much to me!
Follow me on my other social media to keep up with me daily: