As a university student I am always very busy and also I like to sleep in as much as possible (which is not the case this semester as I have early mornings most days). However, I still always make time to have some breakfast in the morning because I know breakfast is such an important meal to have and it just really starts your day off right. There is nothing worse than being sat in lecture with your stomach rumbling! So today I am just going to share my very quick and simple breakfast which is really healthy and one that I eat every day!
- Porridge oats -40 grams.
- Almond Milk – 180-200 millilitres (That is just my preference for milk,obviously you can use whatever milk you like best).
- Fruit – I use 1 apple, a handful of grapes and 3 strawberries (Again you can use whatever fruit you like best, I sometimes add banana too).
- Weigh out your porridge oats and measure out the correct measure of milk to add to the porridge oats.
- Add both, the oats and the milk, to a saucepan and heat gently on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, allowing to simmer. Keep stirring occasionally as well. (Alternatively if you don’t have as much time in a morning, place both in a microwaveable bowl and place in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes 30 seconds, depending on your microwave).
- Whilst that is cooking, in this time you can prepare your fruit for the top. I just chop one apple up into small cubes; slice my strawberries in quarters and pick some grapes too.
- When the oats have finished cooking,simply pour them into a bowl and add your choice of fruit that you have just prepared to the top. Then you are good to go. If you like your porridge sweeter you could add some sugar or honey. If you want some extra flavour to your porridge you could also add some cinnamon at the beginning.
- I then just sit and enjoy my porridge, with a glass of water and a bit of scroll through my phone (news and social media) to catch up on what’s being happening!
I hope you have all enjoyed this and hopefully you will give it a try and let me know what you think! I really enjoy my breakfast and I eat it every day. Honestly if you do it in the microwave, everything is done in three minutes! It’s so quick and simple. I am always full after finishing my porridge with lots of energy for the day. Let me know if you would like to see a ‘What I eat a day’ post or just simple recipes that I cook and make, being a student. I am self-catered so I do cook all my meals every day.
Thank you so much for reading and I will see you very soon! Much love,