Today I am returning with my favourite things from the month of January. I haven’t done one of these posts in ages but it’s a new year so I thought I would make a start again at my monthly favourites and hopefully I will remember to do one every month (we will see how many I do before I forget haha). I cannot believe January is almost over and that we are almost in February. This month, honestly, has gone so quick! I really don’t know where the time has gone! January has been a good a start to the year for me. I have already visited a few new places, had some new experiences and so far have maintained a focus on my overall goals for the end of the year. I am really happy with how January has turned out and I cannot wait to see what new adventures and experiences February has planned for me! Anyway, enough of the rambling. Below are the things that I have particularly loved throughout January.
- The White Queen by Philippa Gregory – The first thing on my list is a book. As you all know I love my history and so I have recently started buying more history books and started my collection I actually finished this book a few days ago which I brought at the very beginning of January. I don’t have a lot of free time to read but I have tried to make as much time as possible to read before going to bed which I have really enjoyed. From the title, you might have guessed this book is about the White Queen who was married to King Edward IV. Therefore, this book explores the English Civil War (Cousin’s war) or what people more commonly know it as the War of the Roses. This is an absolutely, fantastically written book which is written from the perspective of a woman. It is a thoroughly enjoyable read and is very captivating. I would definitely recommend reading this book. I actually have my boyfriend to thank for this, since he was the one who suggested this book to me, so thank you to him! I really cannot wait to buy the others in the series and read from the perspectives of the other characters.
- Daisy by Marc Jacobs perfume – I received this perfume as a gift for Christmas and I haven’t stopped wearing it since then. It smells so nice, lasts really well and you just feel fresh all day. I love perfume and so was really happy when I received this! This has definitely been my scent of January!
- Warwick Castle – As you will know, I have recently visited Warwick Castle, which if you want to read more about my visit you can do here. This is one of my highlights and favourite things of January because it was another new experience for me and one I thoroughly enjoyed. I really hope to go back at some point soon. I had really wanted to visit for ages and the day was just as great as I hoped. It is great value for money and great day out for everyone.
- Strawberry and Sandalwood scent body spray from Hollister – I actually brought this in the sale just after Christmas when I was doing a bit of shopping. I love the Hollister body sprays, they just smell incredible and this one was no different! It seriously smells great and I have just loved wearing it.
- Clinique liquid matte lipstick in the shade cake pop– I received this for Christmas as my secret Santa present from work and couldn’t be happier with it. It is such a lovely pinky/brown nude and sits lovely on the lips. It is very long lasting and the colour is very pigmented. It does dry matte as well which is really nice but still doesn’t make your lips dry and appear all cracked. I have just really enjoyed wearing it on a daily basis.
- Soap and Glory Mascara – In terms of makeup, I think mascaras might quite possibly be my favourite item to try different versions of. I am always looking for new mascaras and I actually received this one in a Soap and Glory gift set at Christmas. It is a lovely mascara. It isn’t clumpy upon application and does really lengthen and separate your lashes. I have really enjoyed using this every day.
- L’Oreal super-liner superstar – I had heard for a while that the L’Oreal liquid eyeliners were quite impressive and had received good reviews, so I thought I would buy one and test one out myself, especially since I really needed a new one. I never really wear winged liner but since buying this I have been wearing winged eyeliner almost everyday. The long and thin end makes application so easy to control and makes doing your winged eyeliner easy and quick. I would definitely recommend trying out this if you are looking for a new eyeliner. It is a really good drug store eyeliner.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post. Let me know what have been your favourites this month or your opinions on any of the products that I have mentioned. I hope you all have a lovely day/evening and I will see you very soon! Much love,