Happy August everyone! I actually cannot believe we are already in August, 2017 is going by so quickly! With an end of a month and the start of a new one follows a favourites post and so today I am going to be sharing with you everything that I have loved and used daily throughout the month of July.
- Urban Decay Smoky Palette – I love Urban Decay makeup products and recently I have been completely OBSESSED with this palette! I have used this palette every time I worn eyeshadow throughout July. I love the variety in shades and the quality of the eyeshadows are amazing, as you would expect. They are extremely pigmented and blend super easy. I have been using this palette to create a mixture of both daytime looks and evening looks and have been in love with all them!
- Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser – If you read my last post you will know that I have been trying to really take care of body and have been really hard to find simple and easy self care methods which will change my thoughts and feelings and moisturising and looking after my skin was one of them. I have been feeling so much confident since I have been moisturising my skin and my skin has looked so much better. I love this moisturiser. It is fantastic and really smooth and doesn’t leave your skin feeling sticky. It absorbs into the skin easily and smells INCREDIBLE!
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk – If you know me, you know I love Clinique’s skincare range and haven’t really found any other products better. Clinique’s skincare is an absolute essential for me. I love using the cleansing milk to remove my makeup. It makes it so easy and quick. It doesn’t dry your skin out either. It keeps your skin nicely moisturised and is great for even sensitive skin. I personally have not experienced any issues with this product and I do have sensitive skin.
- Jimmy Choo Perfume – Jimmy Choo perfumes have been some of my favourites for the longest time now. I actually have a little collection of them! This was actually the first one I got by them and I first had this many years ago and have repurchased since. I love this perfume so much and I have just found throughout July everytime I have gone to put perfume on, I have reached for this one. The fragrance is quite fruity with a sense of woody depths to it but I am so glad I have started using this again.
- L’Oreal Baby Roll Mascara – OMG!! This could potentially be my favourite of the whole list. I am so glad I discovered this because it is insane. I normally use Chanel Inimitable Intense Volume but I’m sure you will be aware that this is really quite pricey. It is a fantastic mascara though and I love using it and wearing it I am going to always repurchase this mascara for the rest of my life I think. However, because it is on the more expensive side, I am so glad I found this one by L’Oreal. You all know I really recommend L’Oreal anyway but this mascara is so comparable and just so GOOD and is only £7.99!! It is insane! It makes my lashes so long and full and I can’t tell you how many comments I get when I wear this. It’s insane!! Definitely check this mascara out because it is INCREDIBLE and I am 100% OBSESSED with wearing this at the moment!
- Soap and Glory facial wash 3 in 1 daily detox with Vitamin C – I always get asked about how I keep my skin so clear and well one of my secret products I use is this face wash. I use it every single day in shower. It just feels so good on my skin and really helps to clear out my pores and prevent blackheads and spot. The formula is perfect for sensitive skin as well. It gently exfoliates the skin as well as energising, brightening and purifying the skin. It really does do everything and I think it is fantastic and has made my skin feel amazing.
- Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara – Another mascara because everyone knows I love Mascaras. I was so pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I have used Clinique skin care for a while but not really branched out and tried there makeup, although I have now and I am so impressed. I love this mascara! It gives my eyelashes an incredible amount of length and volume and they just look so pretty and natural because it separates every single lash and isn’t clumpy one bit. Love this mascara and will definitely be repurchasing.
- Game Of Thrones – Game Of Thrones has finally returned and I am so excited to watch the whole season and see what develops. I have enjoyed the past three episodes so far and I can’t wait for next week’s episode already! I won’t discuss this too much because I don’t want to give any spoilers for anyone but if you haven’t checked this TV series out you most definitely should. I think it is amazing! *Warning not suitable for all ages though.*
- Suits – Again another TV series I am so glad it has returned. Every week I always look forward to the next episode been released on Netflix. I am so excited to see where the series is going to go and what is going to happen and develop. Let me know in the comments if you have any theories for this or Game Of Thrones if you watch them because I would love to know! Again would completely recommend giving this a watch.
- Denim Skirt from Next- Since Summer has arrived and if you have been keeping up-to-date with me on my Instagram and Twitter, you will know I have been travelling so, so,so much over the past month and let me just say I have loved every single second of it and I am grateful that I have got to have so many incredible experiences and I really cannot wait to visit more places and see even more of the world. While I have been travelling and even in the months before this one and when I went to Florida in April, an absolute staple that I have taken with me on all of my trips has been this denim skirt that I purchased from Next. I am in LOVE with it! It is so comfortable and super flattering because it is highwaisted and not too short in the length but short enough to get an insane tan on your legs! I don’t think I am going to lose this tan line ever haha!! I have basically just been living in this skirt and I love it, so I don’t care haha!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed! Let me know what you have been loving this month and what your favourite products or items may have been because I would love to hear all of your recommendations! Much love,
Please give me a follow on my Instagram and Twitter, I would really appreciate it and would love to chat with you all daily!
Today I am super excited to share my GRWM with a formal occasion. For this I actually had my History and English Summer Ball and I had the BEST time. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed myself so much. I cannot wait to share with you my GWRM and then also some photos from the night. It really was a fantastic time and I am so glad that I went.
- First thing I did in the morning was apply a face mask. I just wanted my skin to feel extra moisturised and clean and the best it could.
- Later in the afternoon the first thing I did was moisturise my skin with the Clinique Moisture surge extended thirst relief gel cream. This stuff is insane! It is an expensive product but so worth the money!!
- For foundation I used the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Bare Perfection in the shade Buff 26 and just used a brush to apply this all over my face.
- Next was concealer. For any blemishes I had I used the Collection Lasting perfection in the shade 2 Cool medium and to highlight under my eyes I also used the Collection Lasting Perfection in the shade 1 Fair. I blended both these out with my beauty blender.
- To set all of that makeup I just used my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent. I used a huge powder brush to just brush this all over my face but concentrating on my T-zone and also my eyelids to set the concealer for my eyeshadow and also under my eyes so my concealer wouldn’t later crease in the night.
- For eyes I went for a pink look, so I used my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. First I took the shade Limit,which I guess is a light nude/brown shade and placed that all the way through my crease. I then took Nooner which is a darker version of Limit and placed that on the outer V on my eye to create some depth and dimension. I also dragged this slightly underneath my eyes. For the lid I used the shade Buzz, a lovely shimmery pink shade and for the inner corner I used High, which is a lovely white/pale pink toned highlighting shade (it’s so beautiful) from the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette. I then took a fluffy blending brush and blended to ensure there was no harsh lines.
- For eyeliner I used my L’Oreal Superliner Superstar in Black and just did a tiny line close to my lashes and then a wing on the end.
- To curl my eyelashes I used my ELF eyelash curler and this just ensured my eyelashes were lifted and opened my eyes up even more.
- Next I applied a coat of mascara. For this, I used the L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume mascara.OMG!! I am in LOVE with this product. It is so good! It is so inexpensive too. I believe it is only £7.99 from Boots and it makes the biggest difference to eyelashes. Definitely my new favourite mascara.
- Then I applied some False eyelashes. This was actually my first time using false eyelashes and I was impressed. As it was my first time, I just used the Boots own brand eyelashes but they were great. They were so easy to apply, I had no issues whatsoever and they looked pretty. I will leave a link here for them so you can check them out because I actually forgot to take a photo of them before I used them haha! I am definitely a fan of false eyelashes now for sure!!
- For my eyebrows I combed from the with a spooly before filling them in with powder. I used the shade Whisky from the Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette and then used my Benefit Brow gel to set them in place.
- To finish my face makeup I used the Sleek cream contour palette in the shade light/medium and took shade 6 (the darkest) and used this to sharpen my jaw line and define my cheekbones.
- Next I went in with highlighter. I used the ELF highlighter in the shade Half-baked which gives you a lovely summery/bronzed highlight. I just popped this on the tops of my cheekbones. By the way the pigment in these is crazy. They are really good. I really like them.
- For blush I used the Clinique 07 sunset glow and again this was such a pretty colour. It works really well with the ELF highlighter too. They complement each other so well.
- To bronze my skin I used the Collection Matte Bronze glow in the shade 1 Terracotta and just applied this to my forehead and any other places that would naturally catch the sun.
- Finally, for lips I used the Essence lipliner in 06 satin mauve and then applied my Collection Velvet Kiss moisturising lip cream which is matte in the shade 2 Caramel. That was my makeup all done! I never usually wear that much makeup but it was a special occasion
- For my hair I just simply straightened my hair with my GHDs. I love these. They really do keep my hair super straight which is a huge task.
- My dress was from H&M, my heels were from Faith and my clutch bag was Nine West. I then popped in some earrings and a spritz of Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume and I was good to go!
Now for some photos from the evening! I really hope you enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post. I was so excited for the post! It has definitely been one of my favourite to write and post! Let me know you thoughts and opinions in the comments below with any post requests and I will see you all very soon. Much love,
P.S.I have been posting tonne on my Twitter and Instagram recently and would really appreciate you checking them out please!
Since it has been spring and summer finally feels like it might be coming here in the UK I have really been enjoying pink. I think that pink is such a beautiful spring time colour and so I have been obsessed with creating a pink eyeshadow makeup look and also I have been enjoying wearing a little bit of pink on my lips. So today I am just sharing the products which have been my go to throughout spring.
First I have the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I have mentioned this before and I am obsessed with this palette right now! I mean if you don’t like pink toned eyeshadows then you won’t like this palette but I think it’s gorgeous and has some beautiful shades with a good mix of shimmer and matte shades. It’s just the perfect palette for creating a pink look!
Next I have my Chanel lip gloss. I have been into wearing gloss recently and I am not sure why. I have either being wearing this one its own or I have been layering this on top of a lipstick. Either way, it looks incredible. Chanel products are obviously expensive but I think they are definitely worth the money! The quality is fantastic and the packaging is so beautiful. So simplistic and classy yet so effective!
Still on lips, as an alternative and for the days when I am feeling braver, I have this Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick. I am say for the days when I am feeling brave because it is super bright! It is a lovely bright pink and looks great with bronzed skin or natural tan and is definitely spring/summer ready. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I really rate the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks. They are drugstore so really affordable but the quality is phenomenal and very comparable to higher end lipsticks. I love them!
For nails I have been obsessed with the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail varnishes. I actually have had these for while now but I still love them. They are a great alternative to not going to get a manicure, which we all know is super expensive, and last so long. So if you are low maintenance with your nails then definitely check these out. You apply your colour of choice and I must say they are so pigmented and then apply a top coat and wait to dry. So easy but they look so good!
Other things I have been reaching for is my ever favourite rose gold Michael Kors watch. I love this watch so much, especially in spring and summer. I think it is just so perfect for the seasons and finishes your look off perfectly. Also, I just included one of my favourite mascaras – the L’Oreal Miss Manga Mega Volume Black Angel Mascara. I love this mascara! It creates insane volume without being clumpy and really lengthens and lifts your lashes too. What more could you want from a mascara? LOVE it!!
Hope you have all enjoyed seeing my favourite pink makeup bits and pieces for the spring and summer seasons. I just think they are such as great time to wear a bit more pink and add a little colour to your makeup. Thank you for reading. Much love,
March has come and gone so very quick. I cannot believe we are almost in April. Although of course I am glad it is almost April since that is my birthday month haha! Even so I feel like 2017 is going by so quick! Therefore, since we are towards the end of the month I thought I would share with you some of the things I have been loving and enjoying throughout the month of March.
- Michael Kors Watch – I also manage to forget o include this in my monthly favourites and I don’t know how. I love this watch. For me, it is definitely a staple. It’s rose gold and the just the perfect size. It’s really elegant and looks beautiful on. I wear this watch every single day and I really do just LOVE it! It goes so well with everything!
- Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette – I purchased this palette a while ago when brought my other Urban Decay Naked palettes but never seemed to use it. However, this month I have been reaching for it every single day. I now have a new favourite, very neutral everyday eyeshadow look that I am totally obsessed with! Of course the pigment of the eyeshadows are incredible and they are long wearing as usual and look great. Definitely recommend checking it out. The neutral shades are so lovely to work with.
- Aveeno moisturiser – As you will all know I didn’t purchase this that long ago and did on the recommendation of a friend. I am SO glad that I listened! I love this! I use it twice daily and have been using it all over my body and on my face too and that has worked find. The moisturiser is a really nice texture and doesn’t leave you feeling oily or sticky. It absorbs into the skin so nicely.
- Sleek Cream contour palette – Similarly to the moisturiser, I didn’t purchase this palette too long ago and did because I wanted a new drugstore contour palette for everyday use. I must say, I have been really impressed with this. The pigment of the shades are great. They blend our incredibly easy to give a really nice contoured look. The variation is great too depending on what look you are going for. Also, if you don’t really know how to contour if comes with a leaflet showing which shade you put where on your face. A great palette and really affordable.
- L’Oreal Miss Manga mascara – If you have been reading for a while, you will know that L’Oreal mascaras are my favourite drugstore mascaras and never fail to impress me. It’s probably no surprise that I am featuring two in my favourites this month. The first one is great for volumising, separating you lashes. I love this mascara! It isn’t clumpy at all and really defines my lashes and makes my eyes look really awake and open. I am obsessed with this mascara and I have already bought another one for when I run out.
- L’Oreal False Lash Superstar Fibre X 01 mascara– Another L’Oreal mascara, what a surprise!!! Haha! Anyway, I saw this and I just really wanted to give it a try. It looked really good. It does everything it says it will do. It definitely defines your lashes. It separates them evenly whilst adding volume and length. I really do enjoy using this mascara. My only slight issue is that it is a two step mascara and so the application is longer. Nevertheless, still a great product.
- Collection Velvet Kiss moisturising lip cream– I received this for free in a Boots order for spending so much and I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I LOVE the colour though. I got the shade Caramel. It is such a lovely matt Brown/nude. It applies super easy and does actually dry matte. It doesn’t dry your lips out though and make them appear all cracked. For £2.99, the lip cream does last quite well but does need reapplying after you have eaten etc. However, I have really enjoyed using this product and the colour is so nice.
- Chanel Lipgloss – Lastly but by certainly no means least is this Chanel lipgloss. If you know me at all, you know I love Chanel and I love the quality of their makeup. It’s so good. In my opinion I don’t think you can beat it! I love this lipgloss. It is such a beautiful, pale pink lipgloss. It adds such a nice and natural lip to your makeup. It is so easy to apply and wear. It is incredibly long lasting and if you can afford these products, I would recommend them! OBSESSED!! I had forgotten how much I loved this until the weather got nicer, so I fancied wearing a pink lip to create a natural, spring makeup look.
Thank you so much or reading and I really hope you have enjoyed. Let me know you thoughts and opinions on any of the products that I have mentioned and also what you have have been loving throughout March. Until next time! Much love everyone,