Happy August everyone! I actually cannot believe we are already in August, 2017 is going by so quickly! With an end of a month and the start of a new one follows a favourites post and so today I am going to be sharing with you everything that I have loved and used daily throughout the month of July.
- Urban Decay Smoky Palette – I love Urban Decay makeup products and recently I have been completely OBSESSED with this palette! I have used this palette every time I worn eyeshadow throughout July. I love the variety in shades and the quality of the eyeshadows are amazing, as you would expect. They are extremely pigmented and blend super easy. I have been using this palette to create a mixture of both daytime looks and evening looks and have been in love with all them!
- Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser – If you read my last post you will know that I have been trying to really take care of body and have been really hard to find simple and easy self care methods which will change my thoughts and feelings and moisturising and looking after my skin was one of them. I have been feeling so much confident since I have been moisturising my skin and my skin has looked so much better. I love this moisturiser. It is fantastic and really smooth and doesn’t leave your skin feeling sticky. It absorbs into the skin easily and smells INCREDIBLE!
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk – If you know me, you know I love Clinique’s skincare range and haven’t really found any other products better. Clinique’s skincare is an absolute essential for me. I love using the cleansing milk to remove my makeup. It makes it so easy and quick. It doesn’t dry your skin out either. It keeps your skin nicely moisturised and is great for even sensitive skin. I personally have not experienced any issues with this product and I do have sensitive skin.
- Jimmy Choo Perfume – Jimmy Choo perfumes have been some of my favourites for the longest time now. I actually have a little collection of them! This was actually the first one I got by them and I first had this many years ago and have repurchased since. I love this perfume so much and I have just found throughout July everytime I have gone to put perfume on, I have reached for this one. The fragrance is quite fruity with a sense of woody depths to it but I am so glad I have started using this again.
- L’Oreal Baby Roll Mascara – OMG!! This could potentially be my favourite of the whole list. I am so glad I discovered this because it is insane. I normally use Chanel Inimitable Intense Volume but I’m sure you will be aware that this is really quite pricey. It is a fantastic mascara though and I love using it and wearing it I am going to always repurchase this mascara for the rest of my life I think. However, because it is on the more expensive side, I am so glad I found this one by L’Oreal. You all know I really recommend L’Oreal anyway but this mascara is so comparable and just so GOOD and is only £7.99!! It is insane! It makes my lashes so long and full and I can’t tell you how many comments I get when I wear this. It’s insane!! Definitely check this mascara out because it is INCREDIBLE and I am 100% OBSESSED with wearing this at the moment!
- Soap and Glory facial wash 3 in 1 daily detox with Vitamin C – I always get asked about how I keep my skin so clear and well one of my secret products I use is this face wash. I use it every single day in shower. It just feels so good on my skin and really helps to clear out my pores and prevent blackheads and spot. The formula is perfect for sensitive skin as well. It gently exfoliates the skin as well as energising, brightening and purifying the skin. It really does do everything and I think it is fantastic and has made my skin feel amazing.
- Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara – Another mascara because everyone knows I love Mascaras. I was so pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I have used Clinique skin care for a while but not really branched out and tried there makeup, although I have now and I am so impressed. I love this mascara! It gives my eyelashes an incredible amount of length and volume and they just look so pretty and natural because it separates every single lash and isn’t clumpy one bit. Love this mascara and will definitely be repurchasing.
- Game Of Thrones – Game Of Thrones has finally returned and I am so excited to watch the whole season and see what develops. I have enjoyed the past three episodes so far and I can’t wait for next week’s episode already! I won’t discuss this too much because I don’t want to give any spoilers for anyone but if you haven’t checked this TV series out you most definitely should. I think it is amazing! *Warning not suitable for all ages though.*
- Suits – Again another TV series I am so glad it has returned. Every week I always look forward to the next episode been released on Netflix. I am so excited to see where the series is going to go and what is going to happen and develop. Let me know in the comments if you have any theories for this or Game Of Thrones if you watch them because I would love to know! Again would completely recommend giving this a watch.
- Denim Skirt from Next- Since Summer has arrived and if you have been keeping up-to-date with me on my Instagram and Twitter, you will know I have been travelling so, so,so much over the past month and let me just say I have loved every single second of it and I am grateful that I have got to have so many incredible experiences and I really cannot wait to visit more places and see even more of the world. While I have been travelling and even in the months before this one and when I went to Florida in April, an absolute staple that I have taken with me on all of my trips has been this denim skirt that I purchased from Next. I am in LOVE with it! It is so comfortable and super flattering because it is highwaisted and not too short in the length but short enough to get an insane tan on your legs! I don’t think I am going to lose this tan line ever haha!! I have basically just been living in this skirt and I love it, so I don’t care haha!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed! Let me know what you have been loving this month and what your favourite products or items may have been because I would love to hear all of your recommendations! Much love,
Please give me a follow on my Instagram and Twitter, I would really appreciate it and would love to chat with you all daily!
Today I want to share with you some of current beaut favourites! I am so glad I have discovered all of these products because they make day-to-day life that little bit easier!
- Herbal Essences Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner – I have been loving this shampoo and conditioner! It is so moisturising and nourishing, leaving your hair feel incredibly soft and smooth. I have especially been enjoying this shampoo and conditioner whilst travelling because I was swimming a lot and so my hair was in chlorine a lot and also I have been using heat on my hair in the evenings so I could style my hair ready for going out to dinner and so it has been damaged a lot. Of course the sun dries your hair out as well but this shampoo and conditioner has kept my hair balanced with moisture and it has looked and felt super healthy, soft and shiny. A bonus thing for me because I am blonde is that it has camomile in it which has really helped to lighten my hair without getting highlights.
- Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash – This is just a lovely daily face wash to use on your skin. It isn’t too harsh and is fine on my sensitive skin and has done a great job of keeping my skin clear. Would definitely recommend trying this product out if you haven’t already.
- Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing milk – I know this product is quite expensive but for me it is so worth it! It is such a great cleanser and removes all of your makeup without effort and drying your skin out. It moisturizes your skin at the same time and it is a great product for sensitive skin. It isn’t harsh on the skin at all and leaves your face feeling really fresh and clean. This product is a definite must for me now!!
- NSPA charcoal face mask – Recently I have been really enjoying using a face mask and taking a little more time out to look after myself and just generally been making a real effort at self care and looking after my skin and my body. I love using this as a face mask once a week for a deep cleanse and detox of the whole skin and to thoroughly clean in my pores but I also love using this a spot treatment too on the days where I feel like my skin is suffering or being particularly problematic. It works really well for both and I enjoy using this product and definitely notice a difference once I have used it. Again it is great for sensitive skin.
- Veet Hair removal cream – If you are anything like me you are really lazy when it comes to shaving your legs. I just don’t enjoy it! I am lucky that hairs aren’t thick or dark on my legs and barely even grow there but for summer and holidays shaving your legs is essential for wearing your swimsuits and shorts. I am so glad I have tried this cream it makes life so easy. It really is minimal efforts and your legs feel incredible afterwards. If you are like me, definitely check this product out – it has saved my life haha!
- L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara – This is another product which has saved my life! It honestly makes the biggest difference to my lashes with just a single coat. I don’t even have to curl them. This mascara is INSANE!! I am sure you have heard me rave about this so much already but the volume and length is insane and it makes my lashes look so pretty. I always get so many compliments when I wear this mascara and the waterproof version was heaven whilst I was in Portugal swimming and going to the waterparks. LOVE IT!!!
- EOS lip balm – I can’t go anywhere without a lip balm because my lips for some reason get so dry. I actually don’t know why. This is just my new favourite lip balm and has kept my lips so moisturised and prevented them from cracking even when travelling on a plane which I don’t think has ever happened before. A great product!
- Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser – Again I am so lazy with moisturizing my body which is really bad considering I know I have dry skin and after I have been on holiday, OMG my skin is incredibly dry because of the sun. Anyway I have started making more of effort with looking after my skin and began moisturising and this product is an absolute staple for me. It is incredibly moisturising. My skin is so nice and soft even though I have just been in the sun for ages and I am not peeling which is very rare for me and I am just really happy with this moisturiser. It doesn’t take too long to soak in and doesn’t leave you feeling all sticky either which I hate. Really happy I have found this and it smells incredible!!
Thank you so much for reading!! Let me know if you have tried any of these products and your opinions on them if you have. Also let me know if you have recommendations of products I should try or what your current beauty favourite is. Much love,
Please give me a follow on my social media. I would greatly appreciate it!! X
I hope you have all had a great week so far! Valentines day is just around the corner and whether you have a date or not I still think it is important to feel your best and be confident with how you look! I know traditionally most makeup tutorials are ones which use eye shadows in pink and purple shades but I thought I would be a little different and use some golds and brown. I think this is going to be makeup I wear along with winged eyeliner and red lip or a brown nude lip (I haven’t decide on that yet!) because I feel like it will complement my dress really well! I am obviously no makeup artist and this is just the way I like to do my makeup! Also, as always this is nothing really complicated and is really simple to do! Anyway, lets get into it!
- Firstly, all I did was use the Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion all over the lid. (An alternative if you don’t own a primer is too put some concealer all over your lid and powder over the top. It just provides an even base to work with).
- Next, I just took the shade Milk Chocolate, which is a lovely light brown, out of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and popped that into my crease.
- Using the same palette, I took the shade Crème brûlée and on a flat brush packed this all over my lid. This is such a beautiful gold colour! Currently I am obsessed with this shade!
- On a clean brush, I then used the shade Semi-Sweet, which is a deeper brown shade, and I popped this in the outer V of my eye.
- Then I took a fluffy blending brush and blended them all out together so there was no harsh lines. I kept adding each of the shades until I was happy with the intensity of the look.
- Now for this look I did skip winger eyeliner although I think I will wear winger eyeliner on the actual day, but for this look I just took the W7 Kohl eyeliner in black and tight lined my eyes to add depth and thickness to my lashes.
- Lastly I used the Soap and Glory Fast and Thick mascara and coated my top lashes. This is my new favourite mascara. I am obsessed with it! It works so well on my lashes adding so much volume and length but doesn’t leave them clumpy. I would highly recommend this product! It is a great drugstore mascara.
That’s everything I did to create this look. I told you it was really simple! I just love this love this eye makeup look and think it looks so elegant and natural yet so pretty and beautiful at the same time. Obviously you can add little extra things like lashes and winged eyeliner but I just love this and think this is a great alternative. I definitely think this is the makeup look I am going to wear but with winged eyeliner as well! Let me know if you would like to see a ‘Get ready with me for Valentines day date’ where in that post I can do a full tutorial on all my makeup, what I am wearing and even how I am going to style my hair. I think that would be a really fun post to do and something different which I haven’t done yet, so let me know what you think!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed reading. Let me know what you are doing for Valentines day too! Much love,