Today I want to share with you some of current beaut favourites! I am so glad I have discovered all of these products because they make day-to-day life that little bit easier!
- Herbal Essences Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner – I have been loving this shampoo and conditioner! It is so moisturising and nourishing, leaving your hair feel incredibly soft and smooth. I have especially been enjoying this shampoo and conditioner whilst travelling because I was swimming a lot and so my hair was in chlorine a lot and also I have been using heat on my hair in the evenings so I could style my hair ready for going out to dinner and so it has been damaged a lot. Of course the sun dries your hair out as well but this shampoo and conditioner has kept my hair balanced with moisture and it has looked and felt super healthy, soft and shiny. A bonus thing for me because I am blonde is that it has camomile in it which has really helped to lighten my hair without getting highlights.
- Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash – This is just a lovely daily face wash to use on your skin. It isn’t too harsh and is fine on my sensitive skin and has done a great job of keeping my skin clear. Would definitely recommend trying this product out if you haven’t already.
- Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing milk – I know this product is quite expensive but for me it is so worth it! It is such a great cleanser and removes all of your makeup without effort and drying your skin out. It moisturizes your skin at the same time and it is a great product for sensitive skin. It isn’t harsh on the skin at all and leaves your face feeling really fresh and clean. This product is a definite must for me now!!
- NSPA charcoal face mask – Recently I have been really enjoying using a face mask and taking a little more time out to look after myself and just generally been making a real effort at self care and looking after my skin and my body. I love using this as a face mask once a week for a deep cleanse and detox of the whole skin and to thoroughly clean in my pores but I also love using this a spot treatment too on the days where I feel like my skin is suffering or being particularly problematic. It works really well for both and I enjoy using this product and definitely notice a difference once I have used it. Again it is great for sensitive skin.
- Veet Hair removal cream – If you are anything like me you are really lazy when it comes to shaving your legs. I just don’t enjoy it! I am lucky that hairs aren’t thick or dark on my legs and barely even grow there but for summer and holidays shaving your legs is essential for wearing your swimsuits and shorts. I am so glad I have tried this cream it makes life so easy. It really is minimal efforts and your legs feel incredible afterwards. If you are like me, definitely check this product out – it has saved my life haha!
- L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara – This is another product which has saved my life! It honestly makes the biggest difference to my lashes with just a single coat. I don’t even have to curl them. This mascara is INSANE!! I am sure you have heard me rave about this so much already but the volume and length is insane and it makes my lashes look so pretty. I always get so many compliments when I wear this mascara and the waterproof version was heaven whilst I was in Portugal swimming and going to the waterparks. LOVE IT!!!
- EOS lip balm – I can’t go anywhere without a lip balm because my lips for some reason get so dry. I actually don’t know why. This is just my new favourite lip balm and has kept my lips so moisturised and prevented them from cracking even when travelling on a plane which I don’t think has ever happened before. A great product!
- Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser – Again I am so lazy with moisturizing my body which is really bad considering I know I have dry skin and after I have been on holiday, OMG my skin is incredibly dry because of the sun. Anyway I have started making more of effort with looking after my skin and began moisturising and this product is an absolute staple for me. It is incredibly moisturising. My skin is so nice and soft even though I have just been in the sun for ages and I am not peeling which is very rare for me and I am just really happy with this moisturiser. It doesn’t take too long to soak in and doesn’t leave you feeling all sticky either which I hate. Really happy I have found this and it smells incredible!!
Thank you so much for reading!! Let me know if you have tried any of these products and your opinions on them if you have. Also let me know if you have recommendations of products I should try or what your current beauty favourite is. Much love,
Please give me a follow on my social media. I would greatly appreciate it!! X
Welcome back. Today I am going to share with you my top 5 favourite drugstore products at the moment. I have been using these products daily and I just get on with them so much and really enjoy using the products and I do love them all very much. I would recommend all 5 of these for purchase and of course they are all so inexpensive as well which is always a bonus! Before I get on into the post I would just like to say a huge thank you for all your love and support on the post where I shared my bullying story. I cannot thank you all enough. I was so scared to upload that but you have all been so super lovely and supportive and I am so grateful. If you haven’t read that and you want to, you can here. Secondly I have just hit over a 100 followers on my twitter so that is great and I almost at 400 on my instagram. If you could give me a follow on both of those again that would be great and I would really appreciate it. I am on both those every single day and I love speaking to you all and making new friends, so I will leave the link to those at the bottom. Thank you for all your support. I do really appreciate it!!
- Mega Volume Miss Hippie mascara – If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know I am a huge fan of L’Oréal Mascaras. I think they are incredible. They are such good quality but definitely are at a more affordable price compared to the high-end ones. I really enjoy using these on a daily basis and get alone with them so well. At the moment, the Mega Volume Miss Hippie mascara is my favourite. OMG! It’s insane. I actually only purchased this last week ready for my formal dinner and I was so impressed. It provides an insane amount of volume without clumping. Your lashes definitely look so long, really volumized and are spread out so evenly. I really cannot fault this mascara and it is only £7.99!
- The Collection Lasting perfection concealer – Again this is an old favourite of mine. I have loved this concealer for a while and still love using it now. I will use s shade to match my face for any blemishes and then a lighter shade to hide my dark circles and highlight under my eyes. This concealer lasts and wears so well. It doesn’t crease under the eyes and provides a really good high coverage. I would definitely recommend trying these out. I believe they are £4.19 so really affordable.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Another classic which I am sure you have heard people rave about. It is such a good powder. It really does set your makeup and prevent you from going oily throughout the day. It is very comparable to high-end powders but a fraction of the price. I would say it is a definite for if you are a beginner with makeup.
- The Collection Velvet Kiss matte liquid lipstick – I have just been thoroughly enjoying this product for the past couple of months and been using it pretty much every single day. The colour I have (02 Caramel) is such an easy colour to wear and finishes any look off and they do last so long for the £2.99. You can’t go wrong. They are really drying even though they are matte and the application is super easy. Again, these are something that I would definitely recommend trying.
- Burts Bee Lip balm – This is a holy grail product for me. I love Burts Bees product. They are so good. I get on with them so well and I love how moisturising they are and they smell amazing too. Always a bonus! Seriously though, I love these lip balms. Between these and the EOS lip balms they are the only ones I wear because they are just so good. LOVE them!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this and found the recommendations somewhat useful. Let me know if you would like to see a high-end version of this or a drugstore makeup look, festival makeup look or my summer makeup. I have all these ideas planned but would love to know what you would all like to see! Please let me know in the comments. Also, if you have any good drugstore makeup recommendations then let me know because I am doing a Boots order so soon! I will see you all very soon. Much love,
P.S. I am sure most of my current favourites are not of a surprise to most of you haha!!
Today I am super excited to share my GRWM with a formal occasion. For this I actually had my History and English Summer Ball and I had the BEST time. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed myself so much. I cannot wait to share with you my GWRM and then also some photos from the night. It really was a fantastic time and I am so glad that I went.
- First thing I did in the morning was apply a face mask. I just wanted my skin to feel extra moisturised and clean and the best it could.
- Later in the afternoon the first thing I did was moisturise my skin with the Clinique Moisture surge extended thirst relief gel cream. This stuff is insane! It is an expensive product but so worth the money!!
- For foundation I used the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Bare Perfection in the shade Buff 26 and just used a brush to apply this all over my face.
- Next was concealer. For any blemishes I had I used the Collection Lasting perfection in the shade 2 Cool medium and to highlight under my eyes I also used the Collection Lasting Perfection in the shade 1 Fair. I blended both these out with my beauty blender.
- To set all of that makeup I just used my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent. I used a huge powder brush to just brush this all over my face but concentrating on my T-zone and also my eyelids to set the concealer for my eyeshadow and also under my eyes so my concealer wouldn’t later crease in the night.
- For eyes I went for a pink look, so I used my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. First I took the shade Limit,which I guess is a light nude/brown shade and placed that all the way through my crease. I then took Nooner which is a darker version of Limit and placed that on the outer V on my eye to create some depth and dimension. I also dragged this slightly underneath my eyes. For the lid I used the shade Buzz, a lovely shimmery pink shade and for the inner corner I used High, which is a lovely white/pale pink toned highlighting shade (it’s so beautiful) from the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette. I then took a fluffy blending brush and blended to ensure there was no harsh lines.
- For eyeliner I used my L’Oreal Superliner Superstar in Black and just did a tiny line close to my lashes and then a wing on the end.
- To curl my eyelashes I used my ELF eyelash curler and this just ensured my eyelashes were lifted and opened my eyes up even more.
- Next I applied a coat of mascara. For this, I used the L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume mascara.OMG!! I am in LOVE with this product. It is so good! It is so inexpensive too. I believe it is only £7.99 from Boots and it makes the biggest difference to eyelashes. Definitely my new favourite mascara.
- Then I applied some False eyelashes. This was actually my first time using false eyelashes and I was impressed. As it was my first time, I just used the Boots own brand eyelashes but they were great. They were so easy to apply, I had no issues whatsoever and they looked pretty. I will leave a link here for them so you can check them out because I actually forgot to take a photo of them before I used them haha! I am definitely a fan of false eyelashes now for sure!!
- For my eyebrows I combed from the with a spooly before filling them in with powder. I used the shade Whisky from the Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette and then used my Benefit Brow gel to set them in place.
- To finish my face makeup I used the Sleek cream contour palette in the shade light/medium and took shade 6 (the darkest) and used this to sharpen my jaw line and define my cheekbones.
- Next I went in with highlighter. I used the ELF highlighter in the shade Half-baked which gives you a lovely summery/bronzed highlight. I just popped this on the tops of my cheekbones. By the way the pigment in these is crazy. They are really good. I really like them.
- For blush I used the Clinique 07 sunset glow and again this was such a pretty colour. It works really well with the ELF highlighter too. They complement each other so well.
- To bronze my skin I used the Collection Matte Bronze glow in the shade 1 Terracotta and just applied this to my forehead and any other places that would naturally catch the sun.
- Finally, for lips I used the Essence lipliner in 06 satin mauve and then applied my Collection Velvet Kiss moisturising lip cream which is matte in the shade 2 Caramel. That was my makeup all done! I never usually wear that much makeup but it was a special occasion
- For my hair I just simply straightened my hair with my GHDs. I love these. They really do keep my hair super straight which is a huge task.
- My dress was from H&M, my heels were from Faith and my clutch bag was Nine West. I then popped in some earrings and a spritz of Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume and I was good to go!
Now for some photos from the evening! I really hope you enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post. I was so excited for the post! It has definitely been one of my favourite to write and post! Let me know you thoughts and opinions in the comments below with any post requests and I will see you all very soon. Much love,
P.S.I have been posting tonne on my Twitter and Instagram recently and would really appreciate you checking them out please!
Since it has been spring and summer finally feels like it might be coming here in the UK I have really been enjoying pink. I think that pink is such a beautiful spring time colour and so I have been obsessed with creating a pink eyeshadow makeup look and also I have been enjoying wearing a little bit of pink on my lips. So today I am just sharing the products which have been my go to throughout spring.
First I have the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I have mentioned this before and I am obsessed with this palette right now! I mean if you don’t like pink toned eyeshadows then you won’t like this palette but I think it’s gorgeous and has some beautiful shades with a good mix of shimmer and matte shades. It’s just the perfect palette for creating a pink look!
Next I have my Chanel lip gloss. I have been into wearing gloss recently and I am not sure why. I have either being wearing this one its own or I have been layering this on top of a lipstick. Either way, it looks incredible. Chanel products are obviously expensive but I think they are definitely worth the money! The quality is fantastic and the packaging is so beautiful. So simplistic and classy yet so effective!
Still on lips, as an alternative and for the days when I am feeling braver, I have this Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick. I am say for the days when I am feeling brave because it is super bright! It is a lovely bright pink and looks great with bronzed skin or natural tan and is definitely spring/summer ready. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I really rate the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks. They are drugstore so really affordable but the quality is phenomenal and very comparable to higher end lipsticks. I love them!
For nails I have been obsessed with the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail varnishes. I actually have had these for while now but I still love them. They are a great alternative to not going to get a manicure, which we all know is super expensive, and last so long. So if you are low maintenance with your nails then definitely check these out. You apply your colour of choice and I must say they are so pigmented and then apply a top coat and wait to dry. So easy but they look so good!
Other things I have been reaching for is my ever favourite rose gold Michael Kors watch. I love this watch so much, especially in spring and summer. I think it is just so perfect for the seasons and finishes your look off perfectly. Also, I just included one of my favourite mascaras – the L’Oreal Miss Manga Mega Volume Black Angel Mascara. I love this mascara! It creates insane volume without being clumpy and really lengthens and lifts your lashes too. What more could you want from a mascara? LOVE it!!
Hope you have all enjoyed seeing my favourite pink makeup bits and pieces for the spring and summer seasons. I just think they are such as great time to wear a bit more pink and add a little colour to your makeup. Thank you for reading. Much love,
March has come and gone so very quick. I cannot believe we are almost in April. Although of course I am glad it is almost April since that is my birthday month haha! Even so I feel like 2017 is going by so quick! Therefore, since we are towards the end of the month I thought I would share with you some of the things I have been loving and enjoying throughout the month of March.
- Michael Kors Watch – I also manage to forget o include this in my monthly favourites and I don’t know how. I love this watch. For me, it is definitely a staple. It’s rose gold and the just the perfect size. It’s really elegant and looks beautiful on. I wear this watch every single day and I really do just LOVE it! It goes so well with everything!
- Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette – I purchased this palette a while ago when brought my other Urban Decay Naked palettes but never seemed to use it. However, this month I have been reaching for it every single day. I now have a new favourite, very neutral everyday eyeshadow look that I am totally obsessed with! Of course the pigment of the eyeshadows are incredible and they are long wearing as usual and look great. Definitely recommend checking it out. The neutral shades are so lovely to work with.
- Aveeno moisturiser – As you will all know I didn’t purchase this that long ago and did on the recommendation of a friend. I am SO glad that I listened! I love this! I use it twice daily and have been using it all over my body and on my face too and that has worked find. The moisturiser is a really nice texture and doesn’t leave you feeling oily or sticky. It absorbs into the skin so nicely.
- Sleek Cream contour palette – Similarly to the moisturiser, I didn’t purchase this palette too long ago and did because I wanted a new drugstore contour palette for everyday use. I must say, I have been really impressed with this. The pigment of the shades are great. They blend our incredibly easy to give a really nice contoured look. The variation is great too depending on what look you are going for. Also, if you don’t really know how to contour if comes with a leaflet showing which shade you put where on your face. A great palette and really affordable.
- L’Oreal Miss Manga mascara – If you have been reading for a while, you will know that L’Oreal mascaras are my favourite drugstore mascaras and never fail to impress me. It’s probably no surprise that I am featuring two in my favourites this month. The first one is great for volumising, separating you lashes. I love this mascara! It isn’t clumpy at all and really defines my lashes and makes my eyes look really awake and open. I am obsessed with this mascara and I have already bought another one for when I run out.
- L’Oreal False Lash Superstar Fibre X 01 mascara– Another L’Oreal mascara, what a surprise!!! Haha! Anyway, I saw this and I just really wanted to give it a try. It looked really good. It does everything it says it will do. It definitely defines your lashes. It separates them evenly whilst adding volume and length. I really do enjoy using this mascara. My only slight issue is that it is a two step mascara and so the application is longer. Nevertheless, still a great product.
- Collection Velvet Kiss moisturising lip cream– I received this for free in a Boots order for spending so much and I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I LOVE the colour though. I got the shade Caramel. It is such a lovely matt Brown/nude. It applies super easy and does actually dry matte. It doesn’t dry your lips out though and make them appear all cracked. For £2.99, the lip cream does last quite well but does need reapplying after you have eaten etc. However, I have really enjoyed using this product and the colour is so nice.
- Chanel Lipgloss – Lastly but by certainly no means least is this Chanel lipgloss. If you know me at all, you know I love Chanel and I love the quality of their makeup. It’s so good. In my opinion I don’t think you can beat it! I love this lipgloss. It is such a beautiful, pale pink lipgloss. It adds such a nice and natural lip to your makeup. It is so easy to apply and wear. It is incredibly long lasting and if you can afford these products, I would recommend them! OBSESSED!! I had forgotten how much I loved this until the weather got nicer, so I fancied wearing a pink lip to create a natural, spring makeup look.
Thank you so much or reading and I really hope you have enjoyed. Let me know you thoughts and opinions on any of the products that I have mentioned and also what you have have been loving throughout March. Until next time! Much love everyone,
Today I have another makeup tutorial to share with you and just something a little bit different, slightly edgy and I thought it would fun to play around with my makeup and go for something a bit more daring. As always I am not a professional makeup artist and this is just how I like to do my makeup, but if you do have any tips, tricks or recommendations then feel free to leave them in the comments. It’s always good to learn and develop new knowledge. Anyway lets get into it!
- First thing I did was moisturise my face with some Aveeno moisturise and then I applied my Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Bare perfection foundation in the shade 26 Buff and blended that in with a Zoeva buffer brush.
- Next I applied the Collection Lasting Perfection in the shade 2 cool medium to any blemishes and in the shade 1 Fair under my eyes. I blended this out with my Real Techniques Miracle Sponge.
- To set that makeup I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent and took a Zoeva powder brush to brush that across my face focusing on my T-zone which gets oily first.
- To contour I used my new Sleek palette in the shade medium and I just used my fingers to apply shade 6 to hollows of my cheeks and also for my jawline. I then applied shade 5 to my forehead. To make sure that it was all blended out evenly I just took an Estee Lauder brush (I think it’s a blush one…oops) and blended out all my contour.
- Next to highlight I just used my Collection highlight out of the highlight and sculpt kit and used a Zoeva 129 Fan brush to apply to my cheekbones and cupid bow.
- With face make-up complete I used the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and took the shade Semi-Sweet on a Zoeva Brow line brush and filled in my brows.
- The next thing I was apply some mascara. The mascara I used was the L’Oreal False Lash Superstar X Fibre. I love this mascara. It’s incredible. It does take a while because it is a two step mascara but it’s still great. You all know I am a fan of L’Oreal mascaras. Anyway, that was all I did for eyes. I just wanted to keep them simple because I was doing a bold lip instead.
- So onto the lips. I used a MAC lipliner in the shade whirl to line and fill in my lips. Then to complete the luck I actually used my Stila Coconut Crush Lip and Cheek stain. I haven’t really used this product and the application was not that easy because I was unsure what to do, however, the result looked nice and I was impressed with the pigment. It definitely achieved the bold lip I was going for!
That was my makeup complete! It wasn’t anything too fancy and it only took my around 10-15 minutes to complete. I liked this look because it was something different for me and was a little edgy especially since I styled it with a choker, and a white cold shoulder top with ripped, black, high-waisted skinny jeans. I just thought this all added to vibe and I curled my hair to go with the outfit. Overall, I was impressed with the look and enjoyed wearing something a little.
I hope you have all enjoyed, even though I know this won’t be everyone’s preferred look. I just fancied experimenting and doing a tutorial which was a little different! Let me know in the comments what you thought and if you have any other makeup looks you would like to see me re-create! Thank you so much!! Much love as always,
P.S. GUYS I NOW HAVE HIT 2,500 FOLLOWERS!!! WHAT??? THAT’S CRAZY!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!