Today I thought I would review the Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser. Since purchasing this in Florida I have been obsessed and have been using this every single day! It quickly became an essential of mine. I cannot believe how good it is!
First thing I want to point out is the price. This moisturiser is £34 for 50ml. I know this is on the more expensive but I think it is worth all the money you pay. I suffer with dry skin as most of you will know if you have been reading my blog for a while but this has seriously helped my skin so much.
This mosituriser is beautiful gel/cream formula which is really light on the skin. It is easy to apply and absorbs into the skin really well. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft as well as hydrated. I would definitely recommend this moisturiser is if you have really dry skin or if you suffer from acne, eczema or dermatitis because my friend suffers from those and it work so well on her skin and she does have to be very careful about what products she uses. It reduces redness and does help to clear up the skin. Even though I don’t suffer from those conditions, luckily, I notice that using the product really does to help keep my skin clear from spots and does make my skin appear really healthy and glowy.
It doesn’t irritate my skin, which is great since I do have rather sensitive skin. Unlike most other moisturisers it absorbs into the skin so well and doesn’t leave the skin appearing oily or greasy which I really like. Also, a huge plus for me is how quickly it absorbs into the skin. I hate having to wait ages for my moisturiser to absorb into my skin but I don’t have any issues with this with the product.
Upon application I definitely feel like my skin feels healthy and that I look more awake. I feel like it does a very good job of wakening my skin up and not making me feel looks as tired as I perhaps feel. I especially like applying this under my eyes because I think it does help diminish my dark circles.
I highly recommend this product. It is easily the best moisturiser I have used. No matter what the weather or what season your skin always needs some TLC and this product just adds that little extra moisture boost that your skin needs and to give you a really healthy and radiant complexion and glow. Ever since my first use of the product I noticed what a huge difference it made to my skin and loved it, thus have continued to use it every day since.
I would definitely recommending giving this product try if you haven’t already. It is definitely an essential for me and one that I know I am going to be loving for while.It is going to take something very special to beat this product. I understand it is quite expensive but you get what you pay for. The quality of the product is definitely there and the results are visible and for me unbeatable.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review post and found it of some use! Let me know what moisturisers you all love and get along with! I will see you very soon. Much love,
Today I want to share with you some of current beaut favourites! I am so glad I have discovered all of these products because they make day-to-day life that little bit easier!
- Herbal Essences Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner – I have been loving this shampoo and conditioner! It is so moisturising and nourishing, leaving your hair feel incredibly soft and smooth. I have especially been enjoying this shampoo and conditioner whilst travelling because I was swimming a lot and so my hair was in chlorine a lot and also I have been using heat on my hair in the evenings so I could style my hair ready for going out to dinner and so it has been damaged a lot. Of course the sun dries your hair out as well but this shampoo and conditioner has kept my hair balanced with moisture and it has looked and felt super healthy, soft and shiny. A bonus thing for me because I am blonde is that it has camomile in it which has really helped to lighten my hair without getting highlights.
- Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash – This is just a lovely daily face wash to use on your skin. It isn’t too harsh and is fine on my sensitive skin and has done a great job of keeping my skin clear. Would definitely recommend trying this product out if you haven’t already.
- Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing milk – I know this product is quite expensive but for me it is so worth it! It is such a great cleanser and removes all of your makeup without effort and drying your skin out. It moisturizes your skin at the same time and it is a great product for sensitive skin. It isn’t harsh on the skin at all and leaves your face feeling really fresh and clean. This product is a definite must for me now!!
- NSPA charcoal face mask – Recently I have been really enjoying using a face mask and taking a little more time out to look after myself and just generally been making a real effort at self care and looking after my skin and my body. I love using this as a face mask once a week for a deep cleanse and detox of the whole skin and to thoroughly clean in my pores but I also love using this a spot treatment too on the days where I feel like my skin is suffering or being particularly problematic. It works really well for both and I enjoy using this product and definitely notice a difference once I have used it. Again it is great for sensitive skin.
- Veet Hair removal cream – If you are anything like me you are really lazy when it comes to shaving your legs. I just don’t enjoy it! I am lucky that hairs aren’t thick or dark on my legs and barely even grow there but for summer and holidays shaving your legs is essential for wearing your swimsuits and shorts. I am so glad I have tried this cream it makes life so easy. It really is minimal efforts and your legs feel incredible afterwards. If you are like me, definitely check this product out – it has saved my life haha!
- L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara – This is another product which has saved my life! It honestly makes the biggest difference to my lashes with just a single coat. I don’t even have to curl them. This mascara is INSANE!! I am sure you have heard me rave about this so much already but the volume and length is insane and it makes my lashes look so pretty. I always get so many compliments when I wear this mascara and the waterproof version was heaven whilst I was in Portugal swimming and going to the waterparks. LOVE IT!!!
- EOS lip balm – I can’t go anywhere without a lip balm because my lips for some reason get so dry. I actually don’t know why. This is just my new favourite lip balm and has kept my lips so moisturised and prevented them from cracking even when travelling on a plane which I don’t think has ever happened before. A great product!
- Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser – Again I am so lazy with moisturizing my body which is really bad considering I know I have dry skin and after I have been on holiday, OMG my skin is incredibly dry because of the sun. Anyway I have started making more of effort with looking after my skin and began moisturising and this product is an absolute staple for me. It is incredibly moisturising. My skin is so nice and soft even though I have just been in the sun for ages and I am not peeling which is very rare for me and I am just really happy with this moisturiser. It doesn’t take too long to soak in and doesn’t leave you feeling all sticky either which I hate. Really happy I have found this and it smells incredible!!
Thank you so much for reading!! Let me know if you have tried any of these products and your opinions on them if you have. Also let me know if you have recommendations of products I should try or what your current beauty favourite is. Much love,
Please give me a follow on my social media. I would greatly appreciate it!! X
Today I am super excited to share my GRWM with a formal occasion. For this I actually had my History and English Summer Ball and I had the BEST time. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed myself so much. I cannot wait to share with you my GWRM and then also some photos from the night. It really was a fantastic time and I am so glad that I went.
- First thing I did in the morning was apply a face mask. I just wanted my skin to feel extra moisturised and clean and the best it could.
- Later in the afternoon the first thing I did was moisturise my skin with the Clinique Moisture surge extended thirst relief gel cream. This stuff is insane! It is an expensive product but so worth the money!!
- For foundation I used the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Bare Perfection in the shade Buff 26 and just used a brush to apply this all over my face.
- Next was concealer. For any blemishes I had I used the Collection Lasting perfection in the shade 2 Cool medium and to highlight under my eyes I also used the Collection Lasting Perfection in the shade 1 Fair. I blended both these out with my beauty blender.
- To set all of that makeup I just used my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent. I used a huge powder brush to just brush this all over my face but concentrating on my T-zone and also my eyelids to set the concealer for my eyeshadow and also under my eyes so my concealer wouldn’t later crease in the night.
- For eyes I went for a pink look, so I used my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. First I took the shade Limit,which I guess is a light nude/brown shade and placed that all the way through my crease. I then took Nooner which is a darker version of Limit and placed that on the outer V on my eye to create some depth and dimension. I also dragged this slightly underneath my eyes. For the lid I used the shade Buzz, a lovely shimmery pink shade and for the inner corner I used High, which is a lovely white/pale pink toned highlighting shade (it’s so beautiful) from the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette. I then took a fluffy blending brush and blended to ensure there was no harsh lines.
- For eyeliner I used my L’Oreal Superliner Superstar in Black and just did a tiny line close to my lashes and then a wing on the end.
- To curl my eyelashes I used my ELF eyelash curler and this just ensured my eyelashes were lifted and opened my eyes up even more.
- Next I applied a coat of mascara. For this, I used the L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume mascara.OMG!! I am in LOVE with this product. It is so good! It is so inexpensive too. I believe it is only £7.99 from Boots and it makes the biggest difference to eyelashes. Definitely my new favourite mascara.
- Then I applied some False eyelashes. This was actually my first time using false eyelashes and I was impressed. As it was my first time, I just used the Boots own brand eyelashes but they were great. They were so easy to apply, I had no issues whatsoever and they looked pretty. I will leave a link here for them so you can check them out because I actually forgot to take a photo of them before I used them haha! I am definitely a fan of false eyelashes now for sure!!
- For my eyebrows I combed from the with a spooly before filling them in with powder. I used the shade Whisky from the Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette and then used my Benefit Brow gel to set them in place.
- To finish my face makeup I used the Sleek cream contour palette in the shade light/medium and took shade 6 (the darkest) and used this to sharpen my jaw line and define my cheekbones.
- Next I went in with highlighter. I used the ELF highlighter in the shade Half-baked which gives you a lovely summery/bronzed highlight. I just popped this on the tops of my cheekbones. By the way the pigment in these is crazy. They are really good. I really like them.
- For blush I used the Clinique 07 sunset glow and again this was such a pretty colour. It works really well with the ELF highlighter too. They complement each other so well.
- To bronze my skin I used the Collection Matte Bronze glow in the shade 1 Terracotta and just applied this to my forehead and any other places that would naturally catch the sun.
- Finally, for lips I used the Essence lipliner in 06 satin mauve and then applied my Collection Velvet Kiss moisturising lip cream which is matte in the shade 2 Caramel. That was my makeup all done! I never usually wear that much makeup but it was a special occasion
- For my hair I just simply straightened my hair with my GHDs. I love these. They really do keep my hair super straight which is a huge task.
- My dress was from H&M, my heels were from Faith and my clutch bag was Nine West. I then popped in some earrings and a spritz of Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume and I was good to go!
Now for some photos from the evening! I really hope you enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post. I was so excited for the post! It has definitely been one of my favourite to write and post! Let me know you thoughts and opinions in the comments below with any post requests and I will see you all very soon. Much love,
P.S.I have been posting tonne on my Twitter and Instagram recently and would really appreciate you checking them out please!