If you haven’t noticed or if you don’t follow me on my Instagram and Twitter you won’t know that I have been working a tonne lately and haven’t had many days off to just relax and enjoy myself and even on my the rare and occasional day off I have had I have pretty much been exhausted all the time haha! However, a few days ago the sun was shining and it was super warm in the UK (rare – I know!) so I decided to make the most of the day and went out for the day.
On this day, I actually visited Hardwick Hall which if you don’t know is situated in Derbyshire in the UK and is a beautiful Stately Home. The house itself is absolutely stunning and is one of the most significant examples of Elizabethan architecture. It is a National Trust property and if you haven’t visited it yet then you should because the house and the gardens are stunning. However, I have visited so many times that on this particular day I just wanted to wander around the grounds, go on a peaceful walk and admire the views because again they are stunning.
Spending the day out in the sun in such a beautiful and peaceful place was so good for my mind and my body. I finally got a chance to relax and enjoy myself on a beautiful summer’s day. It relieved so much tension and stress and was such a peaceful and beautiful day. I had the best time, spending the day with my favourite person laughing, talking and just generally catching up and it was something I had not done in so long.
Even in the busiest days and weeks in our lives it is still so important to take time to yourself and enjoy the simple and little things. Even though it is so important to work hard and to achieve our goals it is also so important to enjoy ourselves and live in the moment and make the most of lives because today you aren’t as young as you were yesterday and tomorrow you won’t be as young as you are today. Time moves so fast and I just think it is so important to just do the little things and have fun and do the things we love and enjoy.
I had the most fantastic time and will leave a few photos from the day below. Let me know what you have all been up to this summer and what you favourite thing has been and remember to always care for yourself and spend time doing the things you love.
Thank you for reading and I hope you liked reading about what I enjoy to do on my days off to relax. Much love,
P.S. I am so close to hitting on 1K on my Instagram and 2K on my Twitter. If you would like to keep up with me daily then be sure to give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow you all back. I would love to keep in contact!! X
Today I thought it would be a good idea to do the summer TAG, since we are in the middle of the summer season now.
- Are you a summer person? – I do believe I am a summer person. I love the summer season and the warmer weather. I love being in the sun, having BBQ’s, spending evenings out chatting with friends and family. I just love the summer season because I can be outside more and spend more time doing things I love.
- What is your favourite thing about the summer? – Erm there are so many amazing things I love about the summer season but my favourite thing is probably the fact that I can spend lots of time outside. I can go on lovely country walks, go on boats, have BBQ’s, summer outdoor parties, picnics and all that really fun stuff.
- Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? – Definitely outdoors! I love making the most of the weather because if you live in the UK you know it isn’t that great too often haha!
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour? – I am definitely a fan of chocolate ice cream. I love it! So anything with chocolate but I normally will get chocolate and hazelnut or something like that.
- What is your favourite summer clothing? – My to go two pieces I have been wearing this summer so far have been a denim skirt and also playsuits. I love them both so much and they are just so comfy and cute. You can dress both up with some heels but you can also dress them both down with sandals.
- Beach or Swimming pool? I am 100% more of a pool kind of a girl!
- What do you like most about the beach? – Swimming in the sea.
- What is your least favourite thing about the beach? – My issue with going on sunbathing holidays or being on the beach all the time is that I get bored. I am a very proactive person and love being busy and I just enjoy exploring. So, I am fine with relaxing on a beach for a couple of hours reading a book and swimming in the sea but after that I will want to get up and go explore.
- What is your favourite summertime song? – I honestly don’t know. I don’t think I have one summer song. In the summer, I just like listening to lots of happy, upbeat music.
- Favourite summer time movie? – Again, I don’t really know although I do love watching RV in the summer because I think it is a hilarious and could completely imagine it happening to my family when on holiday.
- What is your favourite summertime restaurant? – In the summer, I really enjoy going to quaint and quiet villages and just sitting outside of a pub enjoying some food, having a drink and also having a laugh and chatting with my friends, boyfriend and family.
- Do you or eat out more often during the summer? – It is still pretty mixed in the summer but I would say I eat out slightly more because of making the most of enjoying the weather and dining al fresco.
- Do you party a lot during the summer? – No more than usual I would say but I would say I go to a lot more gatherings with friends and BBQs and go to the pub more and sit outside for drinks a lot more.
- Do you spend more money during the summer? – Yes! In the summer, I constantly go on more days out and more trips. Go to the pub more and spend money on food and BBQs etc.
- Who do you usually spend most of your summer with? – Family, boyfriend and friends.
- Where would you go for your dream summer vacation? – Bora Bora!!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed! Please feel free to do your own version of this and tag me because I would love to see your answers to the questions as well! Much love,
P.S. Thank you for 500 followers on my Instagram. I really appreciate it so much and almost at 1500 Twitter. That is so crazy and I really am so appreciative!