If you haven’t noticed or if you don’t follow me on my Instagram and Twitter you won’t know that I have been working a tonne lately and haven’t had many days off to just relax and enjoy myself and even on my the rare and occasional day off I have had I have pretty much been exhausted all the time haha! However, a few days ago the sun was shining and it was super warm in the UK (rare – I know!) so I decided to make the most of the day and went out for the day.
On this day, I actually visited Hardwick Hall which if you don’t know is situated in Derbyshire in the UK and is a beautiful Stately Home. The house itself is absolutely stunning and is one of the most significant examples of Elizabethan architecture. It is a National Trust property and if you haven’t visited it yet then you should because the house and the gardens are stunning. However, I have visited so many times that on this particular day I just wanted to wander around the grounds, go on a peaceful walk and admire the views because again they are stunning.
Spending the day out in the sun in such a beautiful and peaceful place was so good for my mind and my body. I finally got a chance to relax and enjoy myself on a beautiful summer’s day. It relieved so much tension and stress and was such a peaceful and beautiful day. I had the best time, spending the day with my favourite person laughing, talking and just generally catching up and it was something I had not done in so long.
Even in the busiest days and weeks in our lives it is still so important to take time to yourself and enjoy the simple and little things. Even though it is so important to work hard and to achieve our goals it is also so important to enjoy ourselves and live in the moment and make the most of lives because today you aren’t as young as you were yesterday and tomorrow you won’t be as young as you are today. Time moves so fast and I just think it is so important to just do the little things and have fun and do the things we love and enjoy.
I had the most fantastic time and will leave a few photos from the day below. Let me know what you have all been up to this summer and what you favourite thing has been and remember to always care for yourself and spend time doing the things you love.
Thank you for reading and I hope you liked reading about what I enjoy to do on my days off to relax. Much love,
P.S. I am so close to hitting on 1K on my Instagram and 2K on my Twitter. If you would like to keep up with me daily then be sure to give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow you all back. I would love to keep in contact!! X
Happy August everyone! I actually cannot believe we are already in August, 2017 is going by so quickly! With an end of a month and the start of a new one follows a favourites post and so today I am going to be sharing with you everything that I have loved and used daily throughout the month of July.
- Urban Decay Smoky Palette – I love Urban Decay makeup products and recently I have been completely OBSESSED with this palette! I have used this palette every time I worn eyeshadow throughout July. I love the variety in shades and the quality of the eyeshadows are amazing, as you would expect. They are extremely pigmented and blend super easy. I have been using this palette to create a mixture of both daytime looks and evening looks and have been in love with all them!
- Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser – If you read my last post you will know that I have been trying to really take care of body and have been really hard to find simple and easy self care methods which will change my thoughts and feelings and moisturising and looking after my skin was one of them. I have been feeling so much confident since I have been moisturising my skin and my skin has looked so much better. I love this moisturiser. It is fantastic and really smooth and doesn’t leave your skin feeling sticky. It absorbs into the skin easily and smells INCREDIBLE!
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk – If you know me, you know I love Clinique’s skincare range and haven’t really found any other products better. Clinique’s skincare is an absolute essential for me. I love using the cleansing milk to remove my makeup. It makes it so easy and quick. It doesn’t dry your skin out either. It keeps your skin nicely moisturised and is great for even sensitive skin. I personally have not experienced any issues with this product and I do have sensitive skin.
- Jimmy Choo Perfume – Jimmy Choo perfumes have been some of my favourites for the longest time now. I actually have a little collection of them! This was actually the first one I got by them and I first had this many years ago and have repurchased since. I love this perfume so much and I have just found throughout July everytime I have gone to put perfume on, I have reached for this one. The fragrance is quite fruity with a sense of woody depths to it but I am so glad I have started using this again.
- L’Oreal Baby Roll Mascara – OMG!! This could potentially be my favourite of the whole list. I am so glad I discovered this because it is insane. I normally use Chanel Inimitable Intense Volume but I’m sure you will be aware that this is really quite pricey. It is a fantastic mascara though and I love using it and wearing it I am going to always repurchase this mascara for the rest of my life I think. However, because it is on the more expensive side, I am so glad I found this one by L’Oreal. You all know I really recommend L’Oreal anyway but this mascara is so comparable and just so GOOD and is only £7.99!! It is insane! It makes my lashes so long and full and I can’t tell you how many comments I get when I wear this. It’s insane!! Definitely check this mascara out because it is INCREDIBLE and I am 100% OBSESSED with wearing this at the moment!
- Soap and Glory facial wash 3 in 1 daily detox with Vitamin C – I always get asked about how I keep my skin so clear and well one of my secret products I use is this face wash. I use it every single day in shower. It just feels so good on my skin and really helps to clear out my pores and prevent blackheads and spot. The formula is perfect for sensitive skin as well. It gently exfoliates the skin as well as energising, brightening and purifying the skin. It really does do everything and I think it is fantastic and has made my skin feel amazing.
- Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara – Another mascara because everyone knows I love Mascaras. I was so pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I have used Clinique skin care for a while but not really branched out and tried there makeup, although I have now and I am so impressed. I love this mascara! It gives my eyelashes an incredible amount of length and volume and they just look so pretty and natural because it separates every single lash and isn’t clumpy one bit. Love this mascara and will definitely be repurchasing.
- Game Of Thrones – Game Of Thrones has finally returned and I am so excited to watch the whole season and see what develops. I have enjoyed the past three episodes so far and I can’t wait for next week’s episode already! I won’t discuss this too much because I don’t want to give any spoilers for anyone but if you haven’t checked this TV series out you most definitely should. I think it is amazing! *Warning not suitable for all ages though.*
- Suits – Again another TV series I am so glad it has returned. Every week I always look forward to the next episode been released on Netflix. I am so excited to see where the series is going to go and what is going to happen and develop. Let me know in the comments if you have any theories for this or Game Of Thrones if you watch them because I would love to know! Again would completely recommend giving this a watch.
- Denim Skirt from Next- Since Summer has arrived and if you have been keeping up-to-date with me on my Instagram and Twitter, you will know I have been travelling so, so,so much over the past month and let me just say I have loved every single second of it and I am grateful that I have got to have so many incredible experiences and I really cannot wait to visit more places and see even more of the world. While I have been travelling and even in the months before this one and when I went to Florida in April, an absolute staple that I have taken with me on all of my trips has been this denim skirt that I purchased from Next. I am in LOVE with it! It is so comfortable and super flattering because it is highwaisted and not too short in the length but short enough to get an insane tan on your legs! I don’t think I am going to lose this tan line ever haha!! I have basically just been living in this skirt and I love it, so I don’t care haha!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed! Let me know what you have been loving this month and what your favourite products or items may have been because I would love to hear all of your recommendations! Much love,
Please give me a follow on my Instagram and Twitter, I would really appreciate it and would love to chat with you all daily!
Today I thought it would be a good idea to do the summer TAG, since we are in the middle of the summer season now.
- Are you a summer person? – I do believe I am a summer person. I love the summer season and the warmer weather. I love being in the sun, having BBQ’s, spending evenings out chatting with friends and family. I just love the summer season because I can be outside more and spend more time doing things I love.
- What is your favourite thing about the summer? – Erm there are so many amazing things I love about the summer season but my favourite thing is probably the fact that I can spend lots of time outside. I can go on lovely country walks, go on boats, have BBQ’s, summer outdoor parties, picnics and all that really fun stuff.
- Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? – Definitely outdoors! I love making the most of the weather because if you live in the UK you know it isn’t that great too often haha!
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour? – I am definitely a fan of chocolate ice cream. I love it! So anything with chocolate but I normally will get chocolate and hazelnut or something like that.
- What is your favourite summer clothing? – My to go two pieces I have been wearing this summer so far have been a denim skirt and also playsuits. I love them both so much and they are just so comfy and cute. You can dress both up with some heels but you can also dress them both down with sandals.
- Beach or Swimming pool? I am 100% more of a pool kind of a girl!
- What do you like most about the beach? – Swimming in the sea.
- What is your least favourite thing about the beach? – My issue with going on sunbathing holidays or being on the beach all the time is that I get bored. I am a very proactive person and love being busy and I just enjoy exploring. So, I am fine with relaxing on a beach for a couple of hours reading a book and swimming in the sea but after that I will want to get up and go explore.
- What is your favourite summertime song? – I honestly don’t know. I don’t think I have one summer song. In the summer, I just like listening to lots of happy, upbeat music.
- Favourite summer time movie? – Again, I don’t really know although I do love watching RV in the summer because I think it is a hilarious and could completely imagine it happening to my family when on holiday.
- What is your favourite summertime restaurant? – In the summer, I really enjoy going to quaint and quiet villages and just sitting outside of a pub enjoying some food, having a drink and also having a laugh and chatting with my friends, boyfriend and family.
- Do you or eat out more often during the summer? – It is still pretty mixed in the summer but I would say I eat out slightly more because of making the most of enjoying the weather and dining al fresco.
- Do you party a lot during the summer? – No more than usual I would say but I would say I go to a lot more gatherings with friends and BBQs and go to the pub more and sit outside for drinks a lot more.
- Do you spend more money during the summer? – Yes! In the summer, I constantly go on more days out and more trips. Go to the pub more and spend money on food and BBQs etc.
- Who do you usually spend most of your summer with? – Family, boyfriend and friends.
- Where would you go for your dream summer vacation? – Bora Bora!!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed! Please feel free to do your own version of this and tag me because I would love to see your answers to the questions as well! Much love,
P.S. Thank you for 500 followers on my Instagram. I really appreciate it so much and almost at 1500 Twitter. That is so crazy and I really am so appreciative!
Today I am going to b sharing my first year uni experience and some important things I learnt along the way. I hope you enjoy and this helps you out if you are just starting university this year. Also, let me know if you can relate to any in the comments!
- You are responsible for your university experience. Everyone’s experience will be different and unique but for you to get the most out of the experiences, it is up to you to put the effort in, be sociable, attend classes and do you assignments. You are the only one who can determine how happy you will be and it will be your choices which will shape your experience. The lessons you learn at uni are so important for your own personal development and your future and really do extend beyond the lecture halls and your seminars. University gives you so many important life skills as well as a degree.
- These next two are unique to me I am pretty sure but the first one is I have found out that I cannot use a tin opener at all. I must have broke at least 3 this year and so eventually I had to resort to buying pull cans. I don’t know, tin openers just never worked for me.
- I have also discovered that I am the worst at opening jars. I cannot open jars at all. Uni and opening jars usually consisted of me messaging of my flatmates, ringing my friend from another block or ringing my boyfriend to come around and open my jar for me.
- Time management is essential. I am usually pretty good with this but uni was a whole new world and an experience I had never had and so it made things challenging. I was definitely not the worst at this (many of my friends started the night before and was working frantically on plenty of coffee until the deadline), however I was not the best either. I mean my assignments were always submitted the day before but I was always guilty of having 6 weeks to due an assignment and leaving it until a week before to start it. I do not recommend. Also, start your revision for your exams in plenty of time to avoid stress!
- Explore! You’re free and independent. Make the most of it. Don’t confine yourself to your room and the uni. Explore the city, local towns and villages, hop on the train and go places near by. Go to museums, galleries or exhibitions. Make a real effort to go out and see different things, eat at different places and try new things.
- Take yourself out of your comfort zone. Uni is terrifying and it is a whole new start and you will be scared and shy but take that step and be confident approach people. Everyone is in the same boat as yourself and people want to make friends and so they aren’t not going to want to talk to you if you speak to them.
- A lock on your cupboard is a good idea!
- Work hard but play hard. Enjoy yourself. You’re young and you only live once so make the most of it!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post. I thoroughly enjoyed first year and I cannot wait to see what the future holds and what next year brings. I have met the most amazing people and I am so thankful for all of them.
Also I have just hit over 500 followers on my Twitter and so close on my Instagram. So if you don’t follow those I would be so grateful if you could show me some love and follow back and say hi! They will be linked below. I love you so all so much! Much love,
Today I am going to share with you some of my photos from my recent holiday to Portugal! I had the most amazing time and had some of the best experiences with my favourite person ever and I will now have some of the best memories to look back on in years to come! I actually went to the Algarve which is Portugal’s most southern region. It was so beautiful. We stayed in the Aquashow Park Hotel and paid for bed and breakfast Also included in the price was free, unlimited access to the waterpark which was a 2 minute walk away from where we were staying. It was AMAZING!!
Other than relaxing around the pool and spending days at the waterpark, we visited some local towns Quarteira and Vilamoura, each for a day. Quarteira was a nice typical beach town but I am not someone who likes to spend all day, every day relaxing on the beach so it wasn’t really my thing but nevertheless we still had a fantastic day there.
Vilamoura was so beautiful and pretty OMG!! The town was so cute and quaint with lots of little shops and fancy bars and restaurants to eat at. It also has a beautiful beach but the marina was by far my favourite thing. It was the prettiest thing and I enjoyed walking around the marina, going in the shops, eating lunch and dinner at the fancy restaurants over the marina – it was so perfect!
We also did a couple of excursions too! One trip we went on was an all day cruise to experience the coast. One this trip we also got to see rock formations and go through caves which although scared me (even though I love water and not scared of that but really didn’t want to fall off the side of the small dingy boat and break all my valuables) was one of the best experiences of my life. It was so much fun and so cool to go through the caves. We then got to eat lunch on a private beach with only water access and headed back on the Dolphin route to see some Dolphins. It was an amazing day and I enjoyed it so much!
The other day trip we took was to Silves and Monchique. Silves was the original capital Algarve even though it no longer is and such a beautiful historical city. It was so pretty and nice to walk up and down the cobbled streets and go in the Cathedral and Church. However, let me know you this day the weather was 39 degrees and It was so warm walking around haha! We also got to see a Roman River and then headed to Monchique which is the highest point of the Algarve (900m) and got to do some wine tasting. The views from the top were absolutely incredible and picturesque. Again another incredible day!!
Overall, Portugal exceeded all my expectations and I had the most fantastic time! It was so special and my first holiday abroad without my family. It was a holiday where I got to try things for the first time and a holiday I am for sure never going to forget. I have some of the greatest experiences and have so many amazing memories to look back on. I feel so lucky and blessed to have these opportunities to travel and see the beautiful world we live in and so grateful I get the chance to experience different cultures. Also, a huge thank you to my boyfriend for making the trip so super special and for us been able to share so many great times together. It was incredible and I am so thankful. THANK YOU!!
Portugal you were FAB!!!
Thank you so much and I hope you have enjoyed me sharing my experiences with you. Much love,
Today I just felt like sharing a few photos from my trip to Kedleston Hall. Kedleston Hall is a lovely Eighteenth Century British Country House situated in Derbyshire. As a history student these places are of great interest to me and I love spending wonderful days out in the sun exploring these places.
As much as I am beauty and makeup addict, sometimes I just like to share my lifestyle choices, travel posts and days out. I am a very creative person and want my blog to express all aspects of me, because there is a lot more to me than just my love for beauty and makeup. My blog is also my space to be creative and create memories and a record of special days and these sorts of days are my absolute favourite and I love spending my time in the sun around these lovely houses and landscape gardens with the people I love.
I hope you enjoy seeing all aspects of my blog and enjoy these sorts of posts too. Thank you all for supporting me and my blog, I really appreciate it. Also, I had the best time at the formal dinner/ball yesterday evening and cannot wait to share a GRWM and some photos from the evening. I seriously had the most amazing time. For now, I hope you have enjoyed these photos and I want you to remember to just take some time out to do the little things in life which make you happy. Sometimes we can be so busy with life that we forget to take a step back and do what we enjoy and like I say these day trips out with my loved ones are my favourite escapes from reality.
P.S. If you want a sneak peak of my formal dinner party and what I wore, check out my instagram. I have put some photos up already although I have so many more cute ones I want to share ahah!!