Welcome back to my blog! A few weeks ago, I posted a photo on my Instagram and since then I have had quite a few requests to do a blog post talking about the makeup look that I wore in the photo. So today I am sharing with you a little makeup tutorial on that makeup look. Obviously, I know I am no makeup artist and not a professional or anything like that but thought it would be a fun post to do since so many of you requested it and I haven’t done a makeup tutorial style post in forever!
- First thing I always do is wash and prep my skin making sure it is clean and moisturised so I have a good base to apply the rest of makeup.
- For foundation, I used the Rimmel Lasting Perfection foundation in the shade Classic Beige 201. Since I was wearing this makeup all day and going out in the evening I wanted my makeup to last all day and so I opted for a full coverage foundation. However, I don’t usually wear one. To blend this out I used my beauty blender.
- For concealers I went for my favourite drugstore one which are The Collection Lasting perfection concealers. I use shade 2 for covering blemishes and more troubled areas and then I use shade 1 to highlight and conceal under my eyes to hide my dark circles. Again, to blend this out I used my beauty blender.
- Next, I put a bit of powder on my T-zone and under my eyes to set my concealer and for that I used the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in the shade Translucent.
- Now that the base of my makeup was done, I went on to my eye makeup.
- The first shade that I used and blended all the way through my crease was the shade Whiskey from the Urban Decay Smokey Palette. I love the Urban Decay palettes and the quality and pigments of the eyeshadows are always incredible so this set a nice and neutral base for my eye makeup.
- I kept my eye makeup very simple and just went on to apply the shade Twister (I believe that is the name of the shade) for the W7 In The Buff Lightly Toasted Palette. It’s a wonderful shimmery gold colours which goes beautifully with my blue eyes. If you are using these palettes then you will know that they aren’t as pigmented as the Urban Decay palettes but then again, they are super inexpensive and a fraction of the price of the Urban Decay ones. However, if you slightly dampen your brush and then apply the shimmery colours they show up so pigmented and look super beautiful. I then just took a Fluffy brush and blended them both together so there weren’t any harsh lines.
- To complete my eye makeup, I applied a white eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eyes which is from Next which just brightens and opens my eyes up and then applied a coat of mascara. The mascara I chose to wear was the L’Oréal Baby Roll because it my absolute favourite at the moment and I am obsessed.
- To contour I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Series Contour Kit and used the shade Fawn which is a lovely cooled-toned shade. I placed this in the hollows of my cheekbones, my forehead and my jaw bone and then blended it out with my beauty blender.
- To highlight I used my Elf Highlighter in the shade half-baked to highlight my cheeks bones and also my cupid bone and nose. For this I used my Zoeva Fan brush.
- For my brows I used the W7 brow pencil in the shade blonde to fill in any sparse areas to make them look a little fuller.
- And now for the best part is the lip! I used a W7 lip liner which was red but I couldn’t find a name on it saying which shade it was so sorry about that. I used that to outline my lips and then I used my Clinique lipstick in the shade Passion Pop and I am obsessed with the colour at moment. I absolutely love it and I have been trying really hard to branch out and try different shades and wear different colours.
Thank you so much for reading this and I really hope you have enjoyed this post and found it somewhat useful. Let me know what your favourite lip colour is at the moment or leave some recommendations of some new makeup products that I should try out. I will see you again soon! Much love,
Keep up-to-date with me on my social media! Follow me on: