Today I am going to share with you some things that I have been investing my time in recently which have really helped me become a much better version of myself and someone is much more confident and happier. Recently I have been spending a tonne of time researching self-love and self-care and finding out a few simple things I could do on a daily basis to improve my health, happiness and overall lifestyle.
- Appreciate the little things – I feel like this is such an important part of living a happy life. I know it is so important to be thankful and grateful for everything that I have, for all the memories and experiences that I hold and for the life I have been given – That is so special itself. I know it is easy to get caught up with wanting all the fancy and bigger things in life but as you grow up, you will learn it’s the simple and little things that make you the happiest and that you are the most appreciative of. It’s those little moments which will make the darker times a little brighter and make you laugh a little louder or smile a little brighter. Sometimes I think it is easier for us all to forget how lucky we are, it’s human nature, but practising gratitude and learning to love what you have instead of what you want, really will bring happiness and a much more positive outlook to your life.
- Invest in yourself – This is the most important thing you could ever do and is something I have spent the last month to six weeks doing more of. The best person you can ever invest your time and love in is yourself. If you don’t love yourself who will? Spending time everyday taking care of your body, skin and health is so essential to living a happier life. The more you look after your body, the better you feel. The more you look after your skin, the better it will look and the more confident you will feel. Again, it is just simple things which really help when it comes to loving yourself and taking care of yourself. Ensuring you get enough sleep, and that you look after your body, exercise and eat a balanced diet make the biggest difference to not only your health but your overall lifestyle. I cannot emphasise how much of a difference this makes both emotionally and physically. Self-love costs nothing but you gain everything!
- Invest in your inner circle – Again, this is so important! Investing your time and effort into those who truly love and care for you are the only people you should be spending time with and on. It is impossible to live a happy and positive life if you surround yourself around negative people with negative thoughts and feelings and people who do not support you. It is so incredibly hard to lose people out of your life when you thought they were meant to be your friends forever but someone people are just meant to come into your life for a reason and only temporarily. Not everyone in permanent. Remember, sadly not everyone has the same heart that you do and not everyone is worth your time and effort. So, invest in your family and your friends who support you and love you no matter what. Invest in those people who have seen you at your worst but love you anyway. Invest in those who encourage you and inspire you to be a better version of yourself. It’s okay to lose friends and grow apart and separate. It’s natural and although in the beginning it is hard, in the end you will be happier and be so loved and you will also know that you have the most amazing support network behind you.
- Practice forgiveness – This is so essential if you want to live a happy life. If you hold grudges and keep re-reading the same chapters in your life and cannot let go of the past you will never move forward and will never move onto better things. It is not only important to forgive other but it is so essential to forgive yourself as well. We all make mistakes, that’s human nature but you must forgive yourself and carry the lesson and life experience with you for the rest of your journey. We are growing and changing and we will all make mistakes and the best way to move forward is to accept that and accept that people will mess up and they will hurt you and they will upset you or things will go wrong. That’s a part of life. None of us are perfect. We are beautifully imperfect and we all think and feel differently to each other and it is so important to remember that and remember to forgive people for their mistakes. That doesn’t mean you must forget or you must be friends with them or continue your life with them and give people multiple chances, no of course not. It simple means you can’t hold grudges and live in the past in you want to be happy. Learning to let go and accept what has happened or what you cannot change really will lift a weight off your shoulders and will allow you to move on and be happy.
- Stop expecting the worst – Life is inevitably going to be difficult and there are going to numerous challenges thrown your way but your attitude and outlook throughout those difficult times really define you. Setbacks, failures and tragedy are all a natural part of life, but when you expect the best from people and the certain situations we are place in you start to build a much more positive outlook. You build a promising and inspiring future for yourself instead of a bleak and miserable one. You build one which will make you happy and encourage you to be the best version of yourself. You will create a far more compassionate and understanding environment for yourself and you will be able to focus and bring more to the situations than if you were pessimistic.
Thank you so much for reading and I really hope this has helped someone in some way and you found it an enjoyable and interesting read. Let me know if you would like to see a part 2 to this because I would love to make one! Much love,
Follow me on both Instagram and Twitter to keep up with me daily 🙂