Since you all enjoyed the last cooking/baking video I did, I thought I would do another one. Today I thought I would share with you this simple but delicious chilli. It is perfect is you are just cooking for yourself but is also great if you are having friends over. It is super easy and simple and inexpensive to make as well. I hope you all enjoy!
Ingredients (to serve 2):
- 1/2 of a large onion
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 a tablespoon of heaped chilli powder
- 1/2 a tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 a can of chopped tomatoes.
- 250g of lean minced beef
- a pinch of salt
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1/2 tin of red kidney beans
- 1/2 a tablespoon of oil
- 200g of rice (use whatever rice is your preference)
- Tortilla chips (also any dips if you would like them, such as: salsa or sour cream – they work really well too!)
- First step is to prepare your all of your vegetables (onion, pepper and garlic). For the onion you are going to need to dice it into tiny squares. I would suggest cutting the onion in half and placing the other half that you don’t need to the side and then with the half you are using peel it and then slice the onion into thick slices and then cutting across the slices to make the slices into cubes. Next for the pepper, you will just want to again cut in half and remove the stalk and seed and again chop into dice pieces. Lastly, peel and finely chop the clove of garlic.
- Next,place your pan on the hob on a medium heat. Add a tiny bit of oil and leave for a couple of minutes to warm up. Once ready, add the onion and cook for around 5 minutes, stirring frequently until soft. Then add the garlic and pepper along with the chilli powder and paprika. Stir all the ingredients together thoroughly and then leave to cook for another 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Next you need to cook the meat. Start my turning up the heat slightly and then adding to the mea to the pan, breaking it up with a spoon. Keeping cooking the mince until the meat has thoroughly browned. (Remember to keep the heat hot enough so the meat is fried).
- To make the sauce, crumble one beef stock cube into 300ml of water and then pour this into the pan with mince. Next add half a can of chopped tomatoes, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of tomato puree. Stir all of them into the mixture thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to simmer gentle eventually bringing to the boil. Stir the mixture thoroughly and then turn down the heat, place the lid on the pan and leave to gently simmer for 20 minutes. Remember to keep stirring occasionally. When finished the saucy should appear thick, moist and juicy.
- Next drain one can of red kidney bean and then add half a can to the mixture. Bring the mixture to the boil again and let the mixture simmer for another 10 minutes without the lid on.
- After 10 minutes turn off the heat and allow your chilli to stand for 10 or so minutes before serving.
- Lastly serve with rice, tortilla chips and sauces/dips of your choice
I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe and will give it a try! Please let me know if you do or if you any other request for posts that you would like to see. I really enjoy blogging and want to keep creating content which you all really want to read and content which you enjoy. Also, don’t forget to follow me on social media, to keep up-to-date with everything I am doing on there! I would really appreciate it if you would follow me on those sites! I love you all so much and so thankful to all of you who consistently support me by reading, liking and commenting on my blog. It is such a lovely feeling and I am so appreciative. THANK YOU!! I will see you all very soon. Much love,
P.S. I was thinking about vlogging my days but let me know if you would be interested in seeing my vlog and seeing how life as a student is and working part-time. Also let me know if you want to see any posts of me on my travels to Florida.