I hope you have all had a great week so far! Valentines day is just around the corner and whether you have a date or not I still think it is important to feel your best and be confident with how you look! I know traditionally most makeup tutorials are ones which use eye shadows in pink and purple shades but I thought I would be a little different and use some golds and brown. I think this is going to be makeup I wear along with winged eyeliner and red lip or a brown nude lip (I haven’t decide on that yet!) because I feel like it will complement my dress really well! I am obviously no makeup artist and this is just the way I like to do my makeup! Also, as always this is nothing really complicated and is really simple to do! Anyway, lets get into it!
- Firstly, all I did was use the Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion all over the lid. (An alternative if you don’t own a primer is too put some concealer all over your lid and powder over the top. It just provides an even base to work with).
- Next, I just took the shade Milk Chocolate, which is a lovely light brown, out of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and popped that into my crease.
- Using the same palette, I took the shade Crème brûlée and on a flat brush packed this all over my lid. This is such a beautiful gold colour! Currently I am obsessed with this shade!
- On a clean brush, I then used the shade Semi-Sweet, which is a deeper brown shade, and I popped this in the outer V of my eye.
- Then I took a fluffy blending brush and blended them all out together so there was no harsh lines. I kept adding each of the shades until I was happy with the intensity of the look.
- Now for this look I did skip winger eyeliner although I think I will wear winger eyeliner on the actual day, but for this look I just took the W7 Kohl eyeliner in black and tight lined my eyes to add depth and thickness to my lashes.
- Lastly I used the Soap and Glory Fast and Thick mascara and coated my top lashes. This is my new favourite mascara. I am obsessed with it! It works so well on my lashes adding so much volume and length but doesn’t leave them clumpy. I would highly recommend this product! It is a great drugstore mascara.
That’s everything I did to create this look. I told you it was really simple! I just love this love this eye makeup look and think it looks so elegant and natural yet so pretty and beautiful at the same time. Obviously you can add little extra things like lashes and winged eyeliner but I just love this and think this is a great alternative. I definitely think this is the makeup look I am going to wear but with winged eyeliner as well! Let me know if you would like to see a ‘Get ready with me for Valentines day date’ where in that post I can do a full tutorial on all my makeup, what I am wearing and even how I am going to style my hair. I think that would be a really fun post to do and something different which I haven’t done yet, so let me know what you think!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed reading. Let me know what you are doing for Valentines day too! Much love,