I have recently been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by three very lovely people! They were: Katie Rose, Dee and also Geekybeaut. First of all, I want to thank all three of you for the nomination! I am so super thankful and really appreciate the nomination and also all the support and lovely comments that you constantly put on my posts. They are always so nice and thoughtful and make me smile so I am very grateful and thankful! Secondly, I just want to say, if you don’t already, then be sure to go and check out their blogs, read their content and follow them too. They are amazing and write great content which you definitely enjoy! So go and check all of their websites out!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
So..how did my blog start?
I had tried blogging before but for some reason or another, it never really worked out or I didn’t feel happy and satisfied with the content I was creating. This was probably because I was so busy with studying for my A-Levels and in all honesty I appear to be so super organised but back then I really was not! Definitely not! I never seemed to have time and I don’t know why, probably because I would spend hours procrastinating and dreaming of things I would love to do instead of doing anything about it! Even though now, I am a much busier person with studying my degree and working part-time at Nike, I have time to write on here and I am so thankful that I do.
If you know me, you know I am not enthusiastic about public speaking and would much rather write down my thoughts and feels. I find expressing myself through writing, art and various other creative outlets a lot easier. I feel more comfortable, safe and secure. So last year when June rolled around and I had just completed my examinations, I was sat looking at my makeup one day and just suddenly decided to photograph it and write a post called everyday makeup! From then on, I haven’t looked back! I am so glad, for whatever reason and for whatever courage I had that day, that I uploaded that post!
I love writing posts and sharing my life, opinions, reviews, tips, help and advice with you all. I wouldn’t change it for the world. Coming on here is my favourite part of the day and it has already opened up so many great opportunities that I never imagined was possible. So thank you! Also, just a little over 6 months later and there is more than 2000 of you following my journey and I couldn’t be happier! THANK YOU!!
To summarise, my blog was formed in the summer when I didn’t really have much to do and I am not joking but I had like 3 months off before I started University and I like being super busy, so this was a great way to keep me busy and distracted, but also was a great way for me to express myself and my passions and talents.
2 pieces of advice…
- Don’t expect immediate success/ compare yourself to others – It takes a while to gain followers and to have people on your blog. The more consistent you are and the more you interact with others the better things will get. Similarly, don’t get caught up with comparing yourself to others and comparing your content. Your content is original and unique and that’s why people enjoy reading it. So stick with you and be patient.
- Create content you love and are proud of– It seems so obvious but people can tell if you aren’t writing about something you love. The more authentic and real you can be and the more you can show your passion for what you are talking about, the more people will want to ready your content! Don’t just write articles because you think it will get you lots of likes, comments and followers; write because you are genuinely interested. People like to read different ideas, opinions and reviews. Similarly, don’t rush your work. Take time and pride in what you are writing. Whenever you upload make sure you are 100% happy and proud of the content you have created.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you enjoyed this post and I would just like to take this final opportunity to again thank everyone for their nomination! I really do appreciate and it is so nice that you think of my blog when these awards come up! I will see you very soon! Much love always,