GOODBYE 2016 – HELLO 2017!!
Today I am going to share with you a few of my goals I have set myself for the forthcoming year! I am so excited for the new year and cannot wait to start working on some amazing projects and have some great experiences. I am so determined to achieve as many of these goals as possible and hope that in a year’s time I can write a post saying I was successful with my goals for 2017!
Goals for 2017:
- Take more photographs – I have always had a passion for photography and towards the end of this year I have begun to act upon this and take more photos.I really want to take even more in 2017 so I capture even more special moments and experiences. Therefore, at the end of the year I will have lots of memories to look back on.
- Becoming fit and healthy – I feel like this one is so cliché but this year I really want to make an effort to really learn about nutrition and having a healthy body. I believe looking after yourself to be of paramount importance and ensuring I am in the best possible health too is a necessity. I aim to start a regular exercise routine which enables me to achieve my body goals but more importantly helps me feel more confident about who I am as a person. I haven’t really had the best diet this year so I am going to focus my attention on m eating habits and ensure it is balanced and that I am getting all the nutrients I need. Being healthy has a huge impact on your own self-esteem and confidence, tiredness and stress. I am looking forward to learning all about nutrition and getting healthy, especially since I go to Florida in 12 weeks! Let me know if you would like a fitness series where I track my progress and talk about what decisions I have made towards this healthier lifestyle choice.
- Read more – I love reading but this year I have just been so busy that I have not had enough time to just sit down with a cup of tea and read books. I am an avid book reader and I definitely have missed my reading time every night before bed. It just relaxes me so much and de-stresses me. Therefore, I am definitely going to make an effort to read more this year and take time to relax before sleeping.
- Blog more – I started my blog in June of this year and it was a great decision. I hadn’t been so scared to do something but I am glad I had to the courage to start writing because I enjoy this so much. It relieves stress an allows me to be who I want to be and gives me the freedom to write about whatever I like. Plus I have met some lovely people through blogging and I hope to continue this next year but to a greater extent. I didn’t know what to expect when this started but less than 6 months down the line, I have written over 100 posts, gained more 1700 followers and an amazing amount of support and love. I am so thankful who you all and for every single comment, like and view and look forward to next year where I can document more of my life to you all. THANK YOU!!!
- Say yes – Self explanatory! This year I have developed and grown so much as a person, it’s hard for me to believe but my goal for 2017 is for this continue. I just want to have the confidence to say yes to more opportunities and experiences and have a fantastic year, living my life to the fullest and enjoying things whilst I am still young!
- Drink more water – This year I have started drinking more water and it has great benefits, helping with my general well-being as well as helping my skin. I am definitely going to continue to drink more water next year! I think before this I had been dehydrating myself because other than tea, which I try and limit myself to one a day, I don’t drink any other fluids so when I was only have perhaps two glasses of water a day, now that I drink way more than that, I notice the impact this was having on my body!
- Develop my confidence – A New Year is another chance to learn more about yourself and develop and grow even more as a person. In 2017 I really want to take to learn to love and appreciate myself for who I am as an individual and learn the things that make me different from everyone else. I really want to develop in confidence and be more confident within myself and my own abilities and also be more body confident and not ashamed of how I look. This, along with the fitness, are probably going to be the two hardest challenges and goals of this year but I am so determined to make progress and make a difference that I know I can do it, especially with your support and from my boyfriend and friends too!
- Educate myself – In 2017 I am going to make more of a conscious effort to educate myself with general knowledge but also with what is happening within the world. I read the news now but, in the new year I am going to take more time to really fully and in depth about what’s happening around me and read more into politics so I can understand the world better. I always have a general idea and read the BBC News app on my phone every single day but that doesn’t mean I understand what is happening and so I just want to take the time to really read about what is happening and have discussions with people about current affairs and politics etc.
- Travel more – I have started travelling a lot this year and experiencing new cultures and countries and I really hope to continue this next year and to visit more places. I really want to experience more cultures and see as much of the world as possible! So hopefully I have any more adventures to come in 2017!
I really look forward to the New Years and would love to hear about your goals/aspirations or plans that you have for the forthcoming year. I wish you all the best for the year to come and hope it arrives with some fantastic opportunities and experiences for us all! Lots of love always,