Today I have got a simple cheesecake recipe for you. These cheesecakes taste so good and are really simple to make and perfect if you are having a dinner party or some friends over! The recipe makes 12 mini cheesecakes!
- 2 x 200g tubs of cream cheese
- 50g of Icing sugar
- 2 lemons (juice & rind)
- Double cream (may be required to thicken up the topping)
- 150g of digestive biscuits (you can use any biscuits of your choice)
- 50-75g of butter (how much butter you use depends on how well the biscuit base is sticking together. If it doesn’t stick add more butter)
This is really simple I promise!
- Prepare your lemons ready to add to the cheesecake mixture by grating the lemons for the rind and also juicing the lemons to get all the juice.(If you don’t have a juicer you can just squeeze the juice out.)
- Mix all of the cheesecake ingredients together (the cream cheese, lemon, icing sugar and double cream) making sure they are well mixed, and ensuring lots of air is getting into the mixture. Also make sure the lemon juice and rind is mixed in evenly into the mixture. (If your mixture is not thick enough keeping adding tiny drops of double cream and this will thicken the mixture up.)
- Heat up your butter until it is melted (either on the hob or in the microwave).
- Break up your biscuits into tiny pieces into a bowl and stir in the melted butter, making sure all of the biscuits pieces are covered.
- Press your biscuit base into moulds (You can use cupcake cases like I did although I wouldn’t recommend these as they don’t hold the shape of the cheesecake that well. Alternatively you can use ramekins. These work a lot better!)
- Evenly distribute the cheesecake mix on top of the biscuit base in each mould, smoothing down the mixture on top and then leave in the fridge until serving (leave in the fridge for a minimum of half an hour, as the cheesecake is much better when served cool). When they are ready to serve, optionally you could serve with some cream or crème fraîche but most importantly enjoy!
That’s all there is to it! I hope you have enjoyed and try recreating these at home. Let me know if you do try these and also if you switch out any flavours and try out strawberry or chocolate. I’d be interested to find out how these all work out! Thanks so much everyone and I will see you soon!